News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Dipped Gun Pictures

Started by hookedspur, February 07, 2014, 09:50:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gophert

Quote from: hookedspur on February 08, 2014, 05:46:12 PM
Nice rigs all, Was it a big job gophert to dip your 870 ?

Well, let me first say, it was not as easy as youtube would make it sound.  The dipping is not the problem, it's the prep work.  I read just about every forum before I dipped my gun.  It is pretty involved, but the finished product turned out perfect and looks as good if not better than factory dipped jobs.  At the end of the day, if you like to do things yourself, you can do as many as two guns for the price of one.  If you want details, shoot me a pm. 

Here's the post from when I finished it.  I explain a little more about it down in the post.

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,38565.0.html

WV Ridge Reaper

Quote from: klemsontigers7 on February 08, 2014, 05:25:48 PM
Quote from: WV Ridge Reaper on February 07, 2014, 10:39:24 PM
Here is mine done in Bottomland I believe they call it the newer style bottomland..I honestly will never get another gun dipped in this pattern until someone can start making it darker,like the pattern really is.Color and Camo did mine..they did a fine job but I honestly think it looks crappy because it's not dark.

Sent from West By God Virginia.

Color is dependent on the base coat color they use. They should have done it with a darker paint.

Didn't know that!!! I'll find someone one day that can do it like it should look.

WV Ridge Reaper

Bump for some more dipped guns

earlyriser

Duckville Imaging in Ferdinand, IN. Highly recommend and his turnaround time is around two weeks.

reynolds243

Quote from: earlyriser on February 10, 2014, 04:43:54 PM
Duckville Imaging in Ferdinand, IN. Highly recommend and his turnaround time is around two weeks.

Sick!!

earlyriser

Quote from: reynolds243 on February 10, 2014, 05:07:25 PM

Sick!!

I thought it turned out pretty nice. He dipped it last year with the regular stock and this year I decided to add the steady grip so I had him dip it a couple of weeks ago. It matched up nice.

WV Ridge Reaper

Now that's what bottomland is suppose to look like!!!

Do you have some contact info for him ? Website or anything.

reynolds243

Quote from: earlyriser on February 10, 2014, 05:13:14 PM

Quote from: reynolds243 on February 10, 2014, 05:07:25 PM

Sick!!

I thought it turned out pretty nice. He dipped it last year with the regular stock and this year I decided to add the steady grip so I had him dip it a couple of weeks ago. It matched up nice.

Yeah man he did a good job and it looks sweet. I did all the same stuff even down to matching the steady grip stock I bought later except in the sbe2 version. Yours makes me want a Vinci though haha

earlyriser

Quote from: WV Ridge Reaper on February 10, 2014, 06:10:42 PM

Now that's what bottomland is suppose to look like!!!

Do you have some contact info for him ? Website or anything.

http://www.duckvilleimaging.com/

(812) 367-1654

earlyriser

Yeah man he did a good job and it looks sweet. I did all the same stuff even down to matching the steady grip stock I bought later except in the sbe2 version. Yours makes me want a Vinci though haha

[/quote]

That is a very nice looking gun you got there!

ericjames

The gun on the bottom is my browning silver hunter the factory dura touch is junk IMO. I dipped it myself last year and it turned out pretty good.

Hooksnhorns

Some good lookin guns guys. I've got a question, can you dip a gun that has parts ( barrel and stocks) that are factory dipped?
Don't Tread On Me

turkey_slayer

Quote from: Hooksnhorns on February 10, 2014, 09:44:13 PM
Some good lookin guns guys. I've got a question, can you dip a gun that has parts ( barrel and stocks) that are factory dipped?

Yes

mwr