OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Best Gobbling Days for Easterns

Started by DoubleGobble123, February 05, 2014, 10:57:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoubleGobble123

In y'alls experience, what weather conditions/changes tend to produce the best gobbling days for easterns?  Has anyone compared what the barometric pressure is doing on those 100+ gobble mornings?

Deputy 14

Clear and sunny with rain the day before and good weather planned for the next day. Oh, and no wind helps a bunch.

RutnNStrutn

Cool, crisp and calm with low humidity. They will gobble good!! :gobble: :gobble: :gobble:

tnturkey

Quote from: Deputy 14 on February 05, 2014, 11:09:24 PM
Clear and sunny with rain the day before and good weather planned for the next day. Oh, and no wind helps a bunch.
Quote from: RutnNStrutn on February 05, 2014, 11:32:48 PM
Cool, crisp and calm with low humidity. They will gobble good!! :gobble: :gobble: :gobble:

if you can get this on the same day in my experience they gobble like absolute crazy. but if one or the other happens they gobble really good to.

turkey_slayer

Absolute best? I would say first or second week of May after having temps around 80. Cold front blows thru and the first calm frosty day afterwards. It's like they lose their mind. Never fails, every year we have a day like that around the 10th

Beard Collecter

In my neck of the woods, I will take a frosty morning with no wind. 20-25 degrees is not to cold for my birds. If it rains/storms at night but clear the next morning they go crazy as well. :turkey2:

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

tomstopper

Quote from: CASH on February 06, 2014, 03:28:52 AM
Any day they're horny
:TooFunny: :TooFunny:
I agree with all the above for the best condition but I have also been hunting at daylight when a rain had just stoped and have had birds go nuts (maybe they are angry from sitting on the roost and being soaked???). All I know is that its the best sound in the woods......

ericjames

Quote from: CASH on February 06, 2014, 03:28:52 AM
Any day they're horny

That's the best time. I hope they are everyday this year.

DoubleGobble123

R AJ

Just about everything mentioned and especially when they are on the adjoining property or across the creek from you.

What is crazy is that some mornings are what I call banner mornings so you talk your wife,kid. or someone that you would love to experience a morning like this one and then go the next day and you could have taken them to a cemetery and heard the same thing.

Gobble!

heard 4 going off the other morning back and forth. It was a beautiful 20 degree outside. I think they were doing it to try to keep warm.

turkeyfoot

Most important is no wind then mid to high 30's clear sky early season prior to all the hunters spooking them is just perfect

drenalinld

Cool to cold crisp mornings when it has been hot. Rising barometer gets them active just like all game. Storm brewing which is usually the rising barometer. Mix in distant thunder and you will figure out how many gobblers are in your neck of the woods.

FullChoke

The most prolific gobbling that I can remember was just ahead of a line of violent thunderstorms one afternoon. The birds were shock gobbling at the claps of thunder. It got two birds so cranked up that they were gobbling non-stop for 10 straight minutes. Unfortunately I got the heck out of Dodge once I had lightning cracking right above me. Birds were still steady gobbling as I took off on my mountain bike back to the truck.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.