turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Wad strippers on Primos chokes?

Started by mcgruff1533, March 12, 2011, 08:08:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcgruff1533

A buddy of mine is getting ready to set up his Browning BPS and he plans on using some Federal Flite Control shells that he stockpiled last year.

He came across the Tite Wad and Jelly Head chokes from Primos and he's wondering if either choke is equipped with wad strippers.     I've read the Primos website and could not find any mention of wad strippers.     Do the ports serve this purpose on the Tite Wad/ JH?

I have never had the opportunity to look at either choke personally, so I'm hoping some fellow Old Gobbler's will have the info he seeks.

Quax

The ports on the tightwad/jellyhead and the fc wad will likely not mesh. I shoot my browning gold and fed hw 7s with fc with non-ported hastings

bowhunter84

Quote from: Quax on March 12, 2011, 08:20:05 AM
The ports on the tightwad/jellyhead and the fc wad will likely not mesh. I shoot my browning gold and fed hw 7s with fc with non-ported hastings

:agreed:

they recommend a non ported choke when you shoot them

Quax

Which federal shell did he stock up on? I've shot a lot of them thru my gold and my old bps.

mcgruff1533

He stocked up on a bunch of 3"-1.75oz-#6 lead loads.

I've been shooting the 3.5" version, 2 ounce loads through my .643" SSX choke and it does quite well with the tight constriction, and ported tube which Federal suggests not to use.

Quax

I'd tell him to try the ssx then. In my brownings, I've shot jh and many other ported, non-ported and even flush mount chokes without good success in fc 3-2-4, 3-2-5, and 3-1.75-6. Only thing I can guess on the ssx r the port holes r small and few, but then again I shot the factory xfull with the few small port holes and it didn't do well - but that factory extended is much more open at .697. 60-80 pellets with just about every combo. Only fc I've liked is fed hw 7s and that wad is supposed to b more forgiving than the others and that's what I currently shoot with Hastings .660