turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Lonnie Sneed calls

Started by sbbow, January 29, 2014, 06:39:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbbow

Would like to see some pics of your calls?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

captin_hook

captin_hook

sbbow

That's nice what are the woods

Gobblerjim

That's nice can't wait to get mine.

Pressured Gobbler

sent Mr. Sneed a check on wed... What wood would you guys recommend for the call??? im calling him mon to confirm my order... Cant wait to get it

captin_hook

Actually I'm having a brain fart and can't remember the wood. Regardless it sounds great. The striker is cedar. I run hickory on it. To me it sounded the best. A close second is dymondwood if I want it a little higher pitched.

sbbow

I've heard a lot of people like hickory.

REBELYELL

Quote from: Pressured Gobbler on January 30, 2014, 11:50:34 PM
sent Mr. Sneed a check on wed... What wood would you guys recommend for the call??? im calling him mon to confirm my order... Cant wait to get it

He make most of his slate calls out of one or more types of cedar. 

MG150

I talked with Mr Sneed this week and ordered Hot Hen Slate and Outlaw Hen Glass.He told me he was making Hot Hen's with a combination of sycamore and cedar.Never talked to a finer gentleman!,MG150

captin_hook

Yep, if you're bored one day and just wanna talk turkey with someone , Mr Sneed is the man to call. He'll talk to you for hours on end. Heck of a guy.

Shellwaster

I spoke with Mr. Sneed yesterday as well as put my check in the mail. I'm looking forward to calling on the hot hen when it arrives.

Tom Dooley

I have heard a lot about the Hot Hen slate but not as much about the Outlaw Hen glass and was curios about how well they are liked.

Gobblerjim

Here's one I got today. Very nice

drenalinld

Quote from: Tom Dooley on February 05, 2014, 10:21:14 PM
I have heard a lot about the Hot Hen slate but not as much about the Outlaw Hen glass and was curios about how well they are liked.

Love the Outlaw Hen.

Here you can hear mine.