OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

BlackBore Chokes

Started by Philippe, January 27, 2014, 04:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philippe

Anyone ever tried any of their products. I see they are making turkey chokes now. Check out the patterns, i'm calling BS on them. If those kent'sand remington's shot that great nobody would every shoot hevi-shot!.

http://www.blackborechokes.com/chokes/hunterpro-tc/hp-tc-patterns

R AJ

Best looking Rem and especially Kent patterns I have seen and I don't disagree with your call.

All those knife blades may do a great job of peeling carrots for the stew pot as well.

owlhoot

no scale on target, that could be an ostrich    :toothy9:

I just ordered one,We will see if it is fact or fiction.

Philippe

Well I decided to call and find out a little bit about them. The gentleman is very nice but I believe his posted patterns are BS. Also he does not offer a return or swap policy so that certainly killed it for me. I do like the fact that there is a .650 and .640 option for the rem choke guns though.

R AJ

Man this gets down to the  question of do I buy the choke and use cheaper Kent and Rem lead since these patterns look like lights out for lead at 40 and no need for the HTL .

Did we actually see a Fed FC in a turkey load. If they shoot a Hornady load that well then I am applauding them even if I don't buy their product. Good for them if they do.

the Ward

They almost look like 25 yard patterns? If he can get those loads to pattern like that at 40 my hats off to him. "And if the choke don't kill 'em the knife blades will" lol! Joking aside, I am interested to see how it shoots for ya. Keep us updated.

Xcal1ber

Why would he put that on there surely knowing that anyone with a brain in their head could tell that pattern is complete and utter BS. That might be the 20 yard shot for them shells, but definitely not 40 yards. I will give him the benefit of the doubt and say he meant to put 40 foot on that pic instead of 40 yards ;D

Ok rant over. I'll step off my soap box.
He shouldn't ought done'nat........ He dead.

Deputy 14

Quote from: Xcal1ber on January 28, 2014, 08:02:42 AM
Why would he put that on there surely knowing that anyone with a brain in their head could tell that pattern is complete and utter bs.

Because most people don't know, because they put a pie plate up at 50 yards, shoot one shell and end up with six pellets in it and brag about their 50 yd pattern. Surely one of those will hit the bird.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Kent was probably the worst shooting turkey load I have ever shot. 

Philippe

I just found it funny that he seemed rattled when I asked about the shells used and the distance shot at. To me it looks like 7.5 bird shot from 20 yards. I just found it funny that he literally said that he is in it to make money, if he offered a swap policy that he would lose too much money.

I certainly will not be testing one.

the Ward

I don't fault anyone for going into business for themselves to make a living, but...you will not be in business long if (1)You make false claims about your product, and (2) If your customer service policies  are not in line with your competitors.So I will reserve passing judgement until I see some real world patterns from an impartial source.The big problem for this guy is his return policy.With so many PROVEN good chokes and choke makers with excellent customer service in a very crowded marketplace, he has got a near insurmountable problem with his no return policy.

drum817

I want to see some "real world" patterns. 
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

BowBendr

Quote from: Xcal1ber on January 28, 2014, 08:02:42 AM
Why would he put that on there surely knowing that anyone with a brain in their head could tell that pattern is complete and utter BS.

He did it for the same reason Mark Drury got on tv 3 weeks ago and said that the new winny longbeard load turned his gun into a 80 yd. gun.......unfortunately, idiots live amongst us............

Philippe

Quote from: drum817 on January 28, 2014, 03:17:53 PM
I want to see some "real world" patterns.

That won't happen from most choke manufacturers. There are only a few that will literally show you what their chokes do and are actually honest about it, William being one of them.