OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Stutting Hen

Started by turkeygod4, January 26, 2014, 01:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeygod4

I was going through my external hard drive yesterday and stumbled across this. So I uploaded it. This was taken in New Mexico about 2 years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hZbL0Z7_ks

RutnNStrutn

That was one mean ole hen!! I had a hen strut up to a solo hen deke a couple of years ago in S. Carolina. She puffed up into strut, circled my deke a couple of times bumping it, then roughed her up a little before walking off. It was pretty neat!

Gamblinman

Dayum...that hen is meaner than my wife...I didn't think was possible.

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

Bama turkey hunter

Tony

turkeygod4

I edited that clip to make it a little shorter. She came along way down the valley and on a mission too.

VA_Birdhunter

WOW...she ain't playing around!!
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

Gooserbat

About 3 or 4 years back I had a hen and a tom strutting together in a field 30 yards in front of me on opening day.  She was as puffed up as any tom I've ever saw.  It was like they were dancing because they would chase each other in a tight circle maybe 4 or 5 feet wide.  I watched for several minutes before I killed her feller and I kinda hated to end the show.  Funny thing was when I shot she just stood there and finally walked away after I stood up and started walking to where the tom lay. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

alloutdoors

That's awesome! I've had a lot of hens 1/4 strut at my DSD's, but I've never gotten to see one go into a full strut like that.

tomstopper

NASTY... Glad I wasnt that decoy.....

JuniorPre 360

Makes me glad that I got my inflatable decoys at a discount price.

Muzzy61

:TooFunny:
Quote from: Gamblinman on January 26, 2014, 03:01:31 PM
Dayum...that hen is meaner than my wife...I didn't think was possible.

Gman
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

TRKYHTR

I have several strutting hens on video. One was even spitting and drumming.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

catman529

Dang she was P.O'd! I had a struttin hen in the backyard last year. got one grainy pic, dont feel like digging it up