OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

BTW, Ammo is EXPENSIVE these days.

Started by 3" 870 Shell Shucker, January 25, 2014, 10:34:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3" 870 Shell Shucker

A 15 Pack of 2.75" Winchester SuperX 00 Buckshot, and a Box of 25 2.75" Winchester Super X High Brass #4 Lead just cost me $30 at Wal-Mart.

This was NOT top of the line ammo.
15 SuperX Buckshot and a Box of High Brass #4's were $30 at Wal-Mart.

surehuntsalot

high brass 2-3/4" shells round about 15.00-18.00 just about everywhere
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

3" 870 Shell Shucker

Quotehigh brass 2-3/4" shells round about 15.00-18.00 just about everywhere

Wal-Mart was my last source for decent prices on ammo locally, and now a box of High Brass is $14 plus tax at my local store.  They were a dollar less last year, and they hardly ever sold out of High Brass.  Just a few years back they were $10-$11 per box.

The cheaper Low Brass shells that used to be $5 per box just a year or two ago are now $6-$7.  The Sporting Clays Low Brass shells that used to be $7-$8 per box are almost $9 now.

Turkey Loads seem to jump $1 per box every year, across the board.

Buckshot prices have jumped just like the Turkey loads have.

My income has gone down, not up.  These new prices are starting to hurt.

Stocking up when you have the money to is not a bad idea.  Personal economics can change everything.

And 13 months later I still never see any .22LR

RAY

It will stabilize after you quit buying them! .380 ammo was nowhere to be found not so long ago.  Now it is everywhere and at a normal price again. I refuse to get excited and jump on fear of no ammo wagon. That is what causes the shortages and the prices to sky rocket. My 2 cents

BowBendr

Quote from: RAY on January 27, 2014, 09:26:31 AM
It will stabilize after you quit buying them! .380 ammo was nowhere to be found not so long ago.  Now it is everywhere and at a normal price again. I refuse to get excited and jump on fear of no ammo wagon. That is what causes the shortages and the prices to sky rocket. My 2 cents

Agreed !!  I have been telling people for months that I believe we (hunters,shooters,conservatives) have been the driving factor in ammo shortages. I refused to bow to it and it will come back...scare tactics worked and I still have buds that are hoarding every box they can find.........

Hooks' n' Beards'

Yes,it is.i picked up 2 boxes of Winchester supreme 3.5" #5's yesterday and they were $36.00 for the 2 boxes..glad i had a gift card to get them.... ;D