turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Custom make turkey vest

Started by turkaholic, January 25, 2014, 11:55:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkaholic

I was just wondering if there might be an outfitter out there that makes custom vests? Another post here got me thinking about the many vests I've purchased in my 30 years of turkey chasin. I would pay a good price for a life time vest. I've owned at least 6 or 7 and am very rarely happy with them. There is always something missing on my new vest that the old one had. I have customized all of my vests but as they get around 5 or 6 years old they start to fall apart. Also if you could have a custom vest built what features would you like to see? For example, I would like reinforced straps and pockets with better grade material, like denim or something else strong but light. I could go on and on but would like to see what other turkey addicts would like to see in a turkey vest. If I bought 7 vests in my life so far at, say   $60 bucks that's $420. You should be able to get a life time vest for that.
live to hunt hunt to live

budtripp

Honestly that's a great idea. I agree that no matter what brand or model of vest I try on nothing is ever 100 percent right. Too many pockets, to few pockets, bad placement of pockets etc etc etc.

MKMGOBL

I've own several over the years as well. In the last 5 years though I fell in love with my Limb Hanger vest but now see they don't make it anymore :( It's a good thing I found a couple on sale & bought them up for down the road ;D

Anyways, I'm not sure if there's anything I'd change on it other than the camouflage. I'd pay to have someone make it in either the Bottomland Camo or in Ultimate Camo patterns.

"Luck Happens When Preparation Meets Opportunity"

Gooserbat

Best Vest I've found id a Cabelas Tactical Tater II.  AS far as the patters, well that cosmetic and purty don't kill turkey.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

WildSpur

That would be great if someone would start making them.  I like my tactical tatr. ....The seat....removable game bag....I just need a good hydration option.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

Deputy 14

I've looked at the under armour vest and it's almost exactly what I want in a vest. Just really don't want to shell out $200 for a vest I wear one week a year.

headshot870

I'd like to see someone come out with a modular vest. Build it like a tactical load bearing vest, but with call specific pouches, hydration pouches, admin pouches, etc. This way the you could determine the best placement for you. You could configure the vest for your style of hunting...from minimalist to "take everything, including the kitchen sink", depending on the gameplan of the day.

TANK

Carlton Savoy makes a custom vest that will last a lifetime. I have one I purchased from him bout 15 years ago. It has been through sawgrass, briars, air boats, pickup trucks, cutovers, swamps, hills, national forests, rains, freezes....looks like it did the day I got it. Look him up, google Carlton Savoy vest Louisiana....his contact info is there

turkaholic

live to hunt hunt to live

Wingboneman

Carlton Savoy !! best there is.