turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

looking for a ceramic pot

Started by rdmar, January 25, 2014, 12:27:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rdmar

Im wanting a ceramic pot who makes a good one. And what is the best sound board for them and favorite striker for ceramic

Mac Dietrich

When I make mine I use glass everytime...I think it's got the best sound overall far as sound board. Hard to beat hedge and ceramic/glass IMO

stone road turkey calls

I like making my ceramic calls with blood wood and a glass sound board and a dogwood striker. get some of the call makers to play some for you.

Gary
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

scoot12

I'll throw out some good ones in my opinion,  Rickey Padgetts cocobolo ceramic is a great one also Lyle from Houndstooth makes a cherry ceramic that is really good,  pair it will hooks calls yellowheart striker and its a great combo and stone road makes a really good one also.  Also I have a maple ceramic from Stumpy that I like.  Scoot

jbird

I just got a double side ceramic from Stumpy and it is awesome.  I'm sure there are several other great ones but so far this is my favorite. 

stumpy

Thanks Jbird, that is my hottest seller by far and the turkeys love em.
Chad
Happy Hunting
Thanks
Chad
AKA- Stumpy

Chad Hutcheson
Po box 55477
McRae Ga

M,Yingling

I got a few ceramics and the one stumpy made is the best sounding of the bunch full of turkey  :icon_thumright:
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

TauntoHawk

Quote from: scoot12 on January 25, 2014, 08:02:16 AM
I'll throw out some good ones in my opinion,  Rickey Padgetts cocobolo ceramic is a great one also Lyle from Houndstooth makes a cherry ceramic that is really good,  pair it will hooks calls yellowheart striker and its a great combo and stone road makes a really good one also.  Also I have a maple ceramic from Stumpy that I like.  Scoot

Run the houndstooth ceramic cherry with hooks yellowheart.. Called in 5 birds in 4 days with it last spring for myself and other hunters. Awesome natural sound
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

WildSpur

I assembled my own from parts at Brookside.   Ceramic over glass with a padauk pot.  That with a hickory striker worked well for me last year. 

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

REBELYELL

Quote from: stumpy on January 25, 2014, 09:30:34 AM
Thanks Jbird, that is my hottest seller by far and the turkeys love em.
Chad

Got a picture of one?

stumpy

Jbird may have a pic I didn't take one before I sent it to him
Stumpy
Happy Hunting
Thanks
Chad
AKA- Stumpy

Chad Hutcheson
Po box 55477
McRae Ga

scoot12

Here are a couple of pics of my maple ceramic from Stumpy,  one fine sounding ceramic call.  Scoot

savduck

Houndstooth, Spring allure, David Halloran, and Waddle Wackers all make excellent ceramic. Put a blood wood stiker on it.
Georgia Boy

rdmar

Houndstooth Game Calls

I got a demo call thats nothing wrong with thats a smoker sitting in my shop that I had out in my booth at two shows is all. As there used I sell them at a lesser price because of folks making striker marks on the  ceramic surface just needs scoured with a pad or I can build ya one. I will put it up against in call I got in my bag be glad to run it for ya on the phone or send you a sound clip either way the call makers listed above all make great ceramics let me know if I can help! Heres my number if your interested.
Lyle
1-205-561-8535