OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Bow fishing for turkeys

Started by ericjames, January 24, 2014, 09:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericjames

I dont know if its been posted here before or not. Arrow Affliction had bow fishing turkeys on their  show. This is the first time I have ever saw anything like this before,did anyone else see this? So who is going to be the first on Old Gobbler to try this?

jblackburn

Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

ericjames

I don't know. I was sitting in my easy chair relaxing next thing I saw was Chris Brackett talking about bow fishing for turkey's. I just had to watch it, it was on the outdoor channel. He made the bow fishing arrow accept a rage and lumenock. Then shot a jake that he made a bad shot on and he held him back with the string while the turkey tried to fly away. He also shot a long beard.

budtripp

Watching brackett is never a good idea

ericjames

:TooFunny:           I know what you mean. I just had the tv on and I was looking around on here and looked up when I heard him say what he was going to do. I really couldn't believe he was going to shoot a turkey with a bow fishing set up.

jblackburn

I guess it's no worse than when Waddell & company attempt to kill one with a pellet gun. Not for me.

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

ericjames

I don't think I saw that one. Nothing I see on these hunting shows supprise me.

socalturkeyman

I know a guy that does something like it but he uses yard and a long bow. He said its to help him track, I guess his yard bundle is about 300yards. I didn't see the show but Im sure he was reeling in the turkey which is totally wrong. And as far as pellet guns check out what a .25 cal pellet will do to a turkey shot in the head at 15 or 20 yards. Way more practical than anything I have seen in a long time. Of course I shoot my birds with a 12ga. Turkey hunting to me is a shotgun sport.
A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

Deputy 14

Quote from: budtripp on January 24, 2014, 10:20:06 PM

This. Brackett is an unethical idiot. Anyone who intentionally shoots a deer in the guts just because he uses a Rage broadhead has no business anywhere on tv or IMO the woods.

bigbird

Agreed. I don't support unethical hunters

ericjames

Quote from: Deputy 14 on January 24, 2014, 10:45:02 PM
Quote from: budtripp on January 24, 2014, 10:20:06 PM

This. Brackett is an unethical idiot. Anyone who intentionally shoots a deer in the guts just because he uses a Rage broadhead has no business anywhere on tv or IMO the woods.

I agree with that 110%

ericjames

Quote from: socalturkeyman on January 24, 2014, 10:40:44 PM
I know a guy that does something like it but he uses yard and a long bow. He said its to help him track, I guess his yard bundle is about 300yards. I didn't see the show but Im sure he was reeling in the turkey which is totally wrong. And as far as pellet guns check out what a .25 cal pellet will do to a turkey shot in the head at 15 or 20 yards. Way more practical than anything I have seen in a long time. Of course I shoot my birds with a 12ga. Turkey hunting to me is a shotgun sport.

I am not going to put down anyone who bow hunts Turkeys . But to me if I am watching a show and they start hunting Turkeys with a bow, I turn the channel. It don't even look right watching a bird hobble off and lay down.. I want too see him flop if I am going to shoot one.

jblackburn

Quote from: ericjames on January 24, 2014, 11:01:50 PM

I am not going to put down anyone who bow hunts Turkeys . But to me if I am watching a show and they start hunting Turkeys with a bow, I turn the channel. It don't even look right watching a bird hobble off and lay down.. I want too see him flop if I am going to shoot one.

That's why I use bullheads when I bow hunt. They don't hobble off when you remove their head.

www.gooserbatcalls.com

ericjames

Quote from: jblackburn on January 24, 2014, 11:14:03 PM
Quote from: ericjames on January 24, 2014, 11:01:50 PM

That's why I use bullheads when I bow hunt. They don't hobble off when you remove their head.

I ain't going to lie if I was going to hunt with a bow. That's the only way to do it, y'all are bad to the bone.. I actually get on YouTube watch the bullhead and the gulletine videos all the time. I was meaning that toward the body shots.

Cove

I saw it. . . thought it was ridiculous like most of his stuff. But I guess it's not much different than the string tracker deal that was once used.