OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

I am disgusted

Started by camp man, March 11, 2011, 05:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

camp man

I found some turkeys for my nephew for Florida's youth season this weekend. The only people that have permission to hunt the land is me and my "buddy" that I have taught to turkey hunt over the last 5 years. I have carried my "buddy" all over calling in a total of 6 gobblers for him and taught him what little I know about this great sport... When I found the turkeys for my nephew, I informed my "buddy" of my findings and asked him not to mees with them until I had a chance to call one in for my nephew this coming weekend and he agreed. I went to check the birds yesterday afternoon and my"buddy" was driving out of the property with a freshly poached gobbler from the flock that I have been watching and patterning for my nephew!!!!! It isn't even season here yet!!!!! I started to call the game warden on my "buddy" but decided not to. I did inform him of how greedy that I thought he was. This is the first thing that I have ever asked of my "buddy" since I have been hunting with him and this is how I am treated.... He is a true d.bag!!!!!!

chatterbox

I woulda reported his azz. No ethics there at all.

shad309

Yup, buddy no more. I would call

Jay

So basically you can't trust his word, and he's a poacher. Time to find a new buddy.

JVA54

Quote from: Jay on March 11, 2011, 06:04:20 PM
So basically you can't trust his word, and he's a poacher. Time to find a new buddy.
:agreed:

TauntoHawk

I would tell him to find a new property to poach or be reported. There's no excuse for that, you can't tell me his family was in desperate need of meat from a 20lb turkey
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

alloutdoors

If he had done this during the open season he would be an a-hole, doing it before the season makes him a criminal (in addition to an a-hole).  Turn him in.  Your friendship clearly means nothing to him, don't let him take advantage of it further by turning a blind eye.

whiskey

Well I probably wouldn't call the warden on him, but I would personally go see the land owner and inform them of the same story you told here. If it were my property, the D. Bag wouldn't be on it again.

Hognutz

Time for a new friend. He is obviously not loyal to you or anything that gets in his way. I would get in his face and let him know just how you feel..Then dump the P.O.S.... forever..
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

SinGin

This pretty much say's it all. And report him.

VAHUNTER

Sounds like my  brother. we have not spoke for 3 years. you just haft to wash your hands of him. not saying its easy. really hard when its family. but it can be done. i'm proof
first thing i would do if possible??? would be to have his permission termanated
Good things come to those who wait

ghillie

I don't know if I would go to the land owner...you both might not be able to hunt there anymore..
I would for sure let him know that the "friendship" is cut and he is on his own...

By the way...I'll be your new buddy....I live in Iowa so there is no way I could bust a hunt....or would anyway....I'll come down once a year...we will hunt....you can come north...we will hunt.....and that will be that!!!   :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

turkey slayer

I agree!

Flydown

I would have whooped his butt, tied him to a tree, kicked him in the nuts and then called the game warden.
That is freaking pathetic!

fallhnt

That is the type of "hunter" that needs to have the warden pay a visit.
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy