turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

I am disgusted

Started by camp man, March 11, 2011, 05:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisun

What has me thinking is....................

You just happened to be there as he was driving out. How many other times has he done this to you without you even knowing?
John 3:16
Guns have 2 enemies.....rust and politicians.

archery1

he can't get a bird on his own ? got to shoot one froma kid?..... wow ...how childish is that???  hope karma will pay him a visit!!!!!!!!  i had the same thing happen to me in deer hunting season. just pathetic. HE will get his!!!!!!!!!!
Take a kid hunting

neal

It may be his first to poach but I guarantee it WILL NOT be his last, if you don't do something!
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

dirtnap

I would have called the game warden and not just reported it.  I would have followed him around with an officer on the phone until they intercepted him describing the vehicle, tag number, his current travel route, where he lives, etc.  He would have toted a ticket.  I don't know how it is where you live, but if you kill a bird illegally in SC: in addition to fines, you lose your license for year per bird.  It is probably too late now.  I don't think you would have gained anything by fighting him.

shootumindaface

I would be hesitant to go to the warden depending on the landowner.. Albeit I am sure the landowner would not appreciate illegal activity, many landowners also do not appreciate drama..

I would do what you did and go to the landowner explain your situation and let him determine how he wants to proceed..

shootumindaface

Quote from: CamoMan4025 on March 13, 2011, 11:13:24 AM
Dirtnap is right.  Coming from a law enforcement perspective, calling the game warden  or C.O., whatever they are called is most likely not going to amount to a "hill of beans" now.  The warden isn't just go knock on his door and say, hey dirtbag, this guy said you poached a turkey........here's your ticket.  The evidence is gone and no witnesses except you and maybe your nephew.  The advantage to telling the warden is for him to keep an eye out on the property.  He may go up and talk to the guy for you, to "scare" him, but most likely won't be able to charge him.  The warden would problably tell you to go to a magistrate and fill out a criminal complaint and the warrants would be issued, but the burden would be on you and your nephew.  Do you really want to drag your nephew thru court?

My best advice is talk to the land owner and have him revoked!  Maybe if there is a locked gate or something, then ask for the key back or change the lock and just you and the owner would have a key.  

Just my .02, but that's pretty low for that guy, he is a dirtbag!

Kevin
:TooFunny: Comical and correct

Jimbob

Quote from: TRKYHTR on March 11, 2011, 07:34:02 PM
I really just don't get people these days. He is obviously not your friend. Friends don't do that to each other. It really shows his character. I hope your nephew kills a world record right where this guy shot his turkey. I agree that I would tell everybody I know about this situation and let the chips fall where they may. I still can't believe somebody would do such a thing. I'm sorry for you.

TRKYHTR
I feel the same way !!!! :icon_thumright:
OSCEOLA GROUND AND POUND BABY !!!!!!!

Jayhawkeye

Quote from: mnturkey on March 11, 2011, 10:29:45 PM
I would call the game warden, call the landowner, then call the guy (not buddy anymore) and tell him who you called.
What he did was wrong and hurts everyone.

X2
Rock Chalk Jayhawks!!!  Gobble, Gobble, Gobble...  Go KU!!!

Gobble!

I would kick his azz and make sure the land owner never let him back in there.

busta biggun

I am glad you were able to catch him in the act. Otherwise he may be doing all kinds of despicable stuff for years and you wouldn't have known. Good you found out now rather than 5 years from now.

I know it's totally disappointing though. I am sorry he let you down. Lastly I would make sure he knew that if he is ever seen on the property in the future he will be prosecuted for trespassing!

Good luck.

boyhowdy

That is beyond a law calling offense, that is an a$$ whooping offense

Missed-Em

The guy is a thief, stealing game, would you let him walk if you caught him taking equipment from the farmers shed? Poachers are criminals and should be treated that way!

Basser69

That is just wrong. Tell everyone what he did were he will not have a chance to do it again.

M Sharpe

You should have called the GW. If he will do that to someone that is his friend, no telling what he's doing to others. P.O.S. in my book.
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

camp man

I have an update. I went to talk to the landowner yesterday afternoon to explain what had happened and I ended up getting my "buddy " in trouble without even trying. The landowner asked me if I had killed any turkeys yet and I replied:"No, but James killed one out hereThursday afternoon." The landowner sat quietly for a minute and then said: " Are you sure that it was Thursday afternoon?" I said, "yes because I saw him on the dirt road that evening and he had the bird with him then. He also told me that he had to shoot him three times." The land owner then replied: "Well, he lied to me then because I was at the barn when he was driving out Thursday and he told me that he shot at a coyote three times but didn't kill it. I don't like a liar and I sure don't like someone telling me lies about what they are doing on my property. The next time you see or talk to him, tell him to come see me." I told him that I would do that and drove off with a smile on my face!!!!