OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

I am disgusted

Started by camp man, March 11, 2011, 05:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FttFttVroom!

I'd have a hard time not hittin the guy in the mouth.  Friendship......over.

catdaddy

Quote from: CASH on March 11, 2011, 08:48:11 PM
That's just messed up. What a super douchebag. Kick his azz, then call the game warden.

We think alike. I would have tried to wrap a piece of hickory around his head. 

jshively

Telling the landowner is the best thing.  Things like this have a way of coming back to the landowner anyways so it might as well come from you.  Your friend is a jack a$$, I just feel bad for your nephew and the time and effort you were putting in so that he would have a great experience.

turkeybow

Quote from: camp man on March 11, 2011, 08:47:09 PM
I really appreciate the support from everyone. It truly don't get much worse than that in my book. I was just wondering if I was overreacting...I really didn't believe that I was and all the comments just confirms it. He had nothing to do with me getting permission to hunt the land. I worked out a deal with the landowner through tractor repairs that I do for him for free and in exchange, he lets me hunt. I will definitely talk to the landowner in the morning.

Keep us posted!!
"We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect."
~ Aldo Leopold

HogBiologist

I say turn him in.  Regardless of his "buddy" status.  I let my BIL get 3 tickets for no license this year.  Idiot was told to get it and he didnt.  SO when the warden was writing him tickets I left the guy alone.  Afterwards we shot the bull about work.  If I can turn in family (actually I didnt turn him in he got caught, I just didnt help him get out the tickets) then a Pee Poor Excuse for a friend should be no problem.
Certified Wildlife Biologist

mnturkey

I would call the game warden, call the landowner, then call the guy (not buddy anymore) and tell him who you called.
What he did was wrong and hurts everyone.
SEMPER FI

Shotgun

I would have just kicked his  that day, hog tied him, called the GW, and the land owner and taught my nephew not to put up with BS.

TURKEYWHACKER

I agree with tellin' the land owner, get your ex-buddies sorry a$$ tossed from the property. Then hold em down and let your nephew kick that scum bag in the nutz. :character0029:

Neill_Prater

Sorry individual, to say the very least. It is easy for all of us to say "turn him in", but sometimes things aren't that simple with friends and family. I have a friend that has a poacher for a brother-in-law. He hunts in Kansas every year on some private land, and brags about killing 5 or 6 gobblers, but, my friend knows if he turns him in, it will cause lots of problems in the family.

In this case, I'd certainly let my "buddy" know what I thought of him personally, and his lack of hunting ethics. I've never thought a turkey was worth losing a friendship over, but people are, by nature, greedy. I have permission to hunt one private farm in Kansas, where, years ago, turkeys were plentiful. I took a fellow hunting with me one year, and we hunted public land, as well as the farm. Next year, when I went by and talked with the landowners, my "buddy" had already been there and tried to get permission to hunt before I even arrived. When I saw him, he was ticked off because they didn't let him hunt! He didn't seem to have a clue as to what he had done. Needless to say, I never hunted with him again.

Do what ever your conscience dictates. Neill

LX_Trkyhntr

That's just wrong!  I would definitely have jerked him out of his truck and kicked his tale!  You had been doing the work so a YOUTH could get a chance at an undisturbed bird, and he has to go in an poach one of them.  I would have a hard time dealing with that!
Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

FANMAN

To poach a bird before a child could legally hunt it proves he is no MAN. I would have reminded him of that ,then called the law.

JeffD

Turn his butt in. You'd be doing everyone a favor plus you would have the property to yourself.

turkeyfuneral

Quote from: Flydown on March 11, 2011, 06:31:36 PM
I would have whooped his butt, tied him to a tree, kicked him in the nuts and then called the game warden.
That is freaking pathetic!

Well Put, NUFF SAID!!!

Rio Fan

If he was willing to poach that turkey, it won't be the last one he'll shoot illegally (probably wasn't the first either).  What a piece of crap!

BOFF

Quote from: camp man on March 11, 2011, 08:47:09 PM
I really appreciate the support from everyone. It truly don't get much worse than that in my book. I was just wondering if I was overreacting...I really didn't believe that I was and all the comments just confirms it. He had nothing to do with me getting permission to hunt the land. I worked out a deal with the landowner through tractor repairs that I do for him for free and in exchange, he lets me hunt. I will definitely talk to the landowner in the morning.

Any updates?

Hope the landowner was appreciative of you, and receptive of the news.

God Bless,
David B.