OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Primos jellyhead defective! Worst customer service ever

Started by scdxt, January 23, 2014, 09:25:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scdxt

We'll my jellyhead swelled out and I called primos and spoke with some smartass bi$&?  they told me pretty much it's my $50 paper weight. Shot great when it worked for one season guess I got a bad one out of the bunch. I still believe if they are going to have chokes made and put their name on them they should stand behind them like Indian creek and kicks does. My money will go to a choke with warranty and a company that will swap constrictions from now on

alloutdoors

These days Primos is only about putting their name on the cheapest Chinese made junk they can find that will give them the largest possible profit margin.

scdxt

U are correct on that but their chokes are made in USA. I'm a machinist myself so I completely understand the process of choke making. They are contracting the chokes to a shop and putting their name on them but it's total bs that they won't make it right. I try and buy American made products in everything but don't guess that makes a difference with their pos

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: scdxt on January 23, 2014, 09:38:46 PM
U are correct on that but their chokes are made in USA. I'm a machinist myself so I completely understand the process of choke making. They are contracting the chokes to a shop and putting their name on them but it's total bs that they won't make it right. I try and buy American made products in everything but don't guess that makes a difference with their pos

And still the question is what choke manufacturer is making the Primos choke tubes? 

I still say it is Carlsons or Trulock. 

scdxt

Who knows!!! Part of the contract on a lot of work is privacy.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: scdxt on January 23, 2014, 09:59:26 PM
Who knows!!! Part of the contract on a lot of work is privacy.

Yea and part of my curiosity is finding the answer.  And I will eventually. 

SCDieselDawg

Got any pics of the defects? I may have one that's defective also.

WildSpur

I heard that the Jellyhead was made by Indian creek.  Last year someone said that was not the case and posted who was making them.  I forget who it was .  It was not name I recognized.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

SumToy

Well one thing I like to know is what kind of gun.  We have seen some guns that the choke would swell in the past few.  Sad the company will tell you it is not them it is something you did.  Few we have cut off and changed the choke over to different threads.  One he had to replace his barrel but has not fired a shot out of it. We have it now to convert over. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

3" 870 Shell Shucker

QuoteThese days Primos is only about putting their name on the cheapest Chinese made junk they can find that will give them the largest possible profit margin.

These days, that can be said about a lot of companies and a lot of products.  I hope that you find a company who will stand behind their product.  Nothing lasts forever; but if something is made out of Hardened Steel and it fails within 2-3 years, it seems to me like they should replace it.......unless you ran Steel Shot or Slugs through it.  I also hear of people running Large Buckshot through Turkey Chokes.  I'm not convinced that it is such a good idea either.

the Ward

I would call/e-mail their corporate headquarters and explain the situation.If their customer service rep was as rude as you say I am sure they would want to hear about it.Sometimes you need to go higher on the food chain.Be polite but firm.Usually that will get the ball rolling.Good luck!

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: the Ward on January 24, 2014, 12:26:29 PM
I would call/e-mail their corporate headquarters and explain the situation.If their customer service rep was as rude as you say I am sure they would want to hear about it.Sometimes you need to go higher on the food chain.Be polite but firm.Usually that will get the ball rolling.Good luck!

X-2
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

albrubacker

I had the same thing happen last spring on one I bought off of fleabay. I called Primos about told them where I bought it, guy said no prob and had a new one 3 days later. And they provided shipping to send the first one back. The 2nd one did the same thing. I still have it and never called them. Figured I would cut my losses.
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

R AJ

Could you fill us in on what shells were shot and maybe shot size? Like TSS , 000 Buckshot, Fed FC wad,etc. for example.

Matt81302

I have never had a problem out of mine. SCDXT and I got together last spring and patterned some guns and I ended up buying a SSX choke he had no use for anymore. Never looked back. I hope it didn't do any damage to the gun. 870 or Benelli?