News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Primos jellyhead defective! Worst customer service ever

Started by scdxt, January 23, 2014, 09:25:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Honcho

scdxt

No damage to gun Matt. I've only shot lead 6 hevi 6 and mag blend in that choke. I'm not dumb enough to run buckshot through a .655 choke. I have other chokes that I shoot #4 buck in for coyotes. Just a bad choke out of the bunch. I've got probably 25 turkey chokes for several guns and none have failed yet except jellyhead

3" 870 Shell Shucker

Hey, thanks for letting people know about it.  Also, thanks for telling us what shells you were using when it happened.  Could be a bad batch of Steel.  Maybe it missed the Heat Treat?  Maybe there was a weak spot underneath the surface?

How many rounds would you guess you put through it before it failed?  10, 20, 30?

reynolds243

Quote from: Mike Honcho on January 26, 2014, 09:24:53 AM
Would the gun happen to to be a Stoeger 3500??????

the only time i have heard of a 3500 doing that is with the factory choke but i have never seen or head it happing in one with an actual reputable aftermarket choke

I've never been a fan of jellyheads to start with when you can get a more hometown and customer made one from folks like Rob Roberts and Sumtoy that do as good if not better.

Bama turkey hunter

Tony

ILIKEHEVI-13

Well I'm starting to be convinced more and more that Trulock is in fact the maker of Primos chokes.  I'm not completely sure yet.  So I'm gonna keep doing my investigative work. 

Hooks' n' Beards'

i used one a few years back and killed a few birds with it..i might try and pick another up if i can find it in 10 ga...probably just a bad batch,i really liked the pattern my old one threw..it's unfortunate about the customer service..hope you get  it worked out..

goblr77

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on January 28, 2014, 08:52:22 AM
Well I'm starting to be convinced more and more that Trulock is in fact the maker of Primos chokes.  I'm not completely sure yet.  So I'm gonna keep doing my investigative work.

Trulock makes the Jellyhead.

Deputy 14

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on January 28, 2014, 08:52:22 AM

You are the choke tube encyclopedia. If I ever need to know about one you are the guy.  :icon_thumright:
Looking forward to hearing your results.

drum817

Quote from: scdxt on January 23, 2014, 09:25:53 PM
" My money will go to a choke with warranty and a company that will swap constrictions from now on"

SumToy Chokes .....and never look back :smiley-char092:
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

buck_hunter21

Quote from: albrubacker on January 25, 2014, 10:32:15 PM
I called Primos about told them where I bought it, guy said no prob and had a new one 3 days later. And they provided shipping to send the first one back.

I have never had a JH mess up on me, but the few times I have had to contact Primos their customer service could not have been better. They went over the top to make things right with me
Spill Blood

Mike Honcho

My 3500 swelled two inexpensive chokes and one Kick's Gobblin Thunder last year.  I retired that barrel to more open chokes and steel shot for waterfowl and it works fine for that...had to buy a 2nd barrel new for turkey loads...fortunately it works fine with tight chokes and heavy turkey loads. I was lucky enough to have several other turkey guns to use while I sorted the 3500 barrel problem out.

I bought a factory 3500 turkey choke used from an OG member here and it was already swelled.