OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Ok, I'll ask it...convention

Started by captin_hook, January 23, 2014, 08:40:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

captin_hook

Knowing the general feeling of the NWTF as of late here on og, I'm still going to the convention. A couple of reasons: it's great hanging with other turkey hunters, it's now a tradition with my group of friends that go, and it's great to get out of town here in PA and got to the great city of Nashville. Not to mention the great bars and my favorite restaurant Monells. Now I'm a nwtf supporter , but it's not all about the nwtf, it's about having fun for yourself too.......now, who's all going and a few words to why you're going.

Colt45

Even though I'm not a member of the nwtf, and haven't been for several years , I really love hunting and hunting turkeys. Yes, I will be going to the convention, mostly because I have been couped up inside for most of the winter and I like collecting turkey calls. I also enjoy being around other people that share my passion for the outdoors.

redarrow

The only reason I am not a member any more after many years of support is the secrecy. I don't agree with it. Other than that I have no dog in this fight. If I had the money to travel I would love to go and support the vendors there,and enjoy the calling contest as well.Those of you that are going have a great time and post a bunch of pics.If you run into Harold knight tell him Beagle said hello.

bawana

Not going this year, have been to several in the past few years and have had a great time at all of them. Chance to see old friends and gets me fired up for the season....and yes I am a member.

Wrangler95

Friends and myself are going.We go each year that the Covention is in Nashville because we only live a hundred miles away!
Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

J Hook Max

Yes , for all the same reasons you all stated.

Tom Threetoes

It's only 2 1/2 hours away and there's so many cool things to see and nice folks to visit with. Besides' now that I'm retired it's time to start planning some out of state adventures and there's plenty of outfitters to talk to.

FireDoc

I don't go for the NWTF so to speak, I go to see old friends, make new ones, support the vendors and call makers, and learn from folks. I always refer to it as the Turkey Gathering, not so much as the NWTF Convention.
Go Dawgs!
Beware the Yelp Marks.
Proud Member of the IAFF

Gooserbat

I'm going to try to go for the first time.  I think it would be great to attend, and I'm going mostly because one of my staffers is competing in the Nationals and I think it would only be right for me to be there.  I'm sure I'll have a great time and enjoy the show.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

allchokedup

I'll be going to the NWTF Convention. I love being able to visit some of the best call makers. Its nice to be able to hear them in your hands before buying them. Plus, there are so many other great turkey hunting gear to see. 

cphill

Me and my wife will be there. We go most years cause its only a hour from home and just enjoy the people ,calling and see whats new

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

VaGobbler

I'm heading down with my Dad and another hunting partner for the second year in a row.  We'll be there with about 25 other members from Virginia that go every year.  I am going to support the organization, congregate with fellow turkey hunters, see what's new out there that I can't live without in the woods. 

I've been an NWTF member since 1995, and President of my local chapter for 6 years now.  While I may not agree with every stance the National has, I do agree whole heartedly with our new mission.  With a six year old son, it resonates with me every day.  If you want to see where your money is going, I urge you to get involved in your local chapter and attend one of your state's board meetings.  Too many projects to list, but there are boots on the ground everywhere working for the bird and the habitat.  If you don't see it in your area, that's your forum to find out why.