turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Browning A5 available in BOTTOMLAND

Started by stilker, January 23, 2014, 02:44:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stilker

I figured they would eventually release a Bottomland A5. And looks like they have according to the website. They obviously have the wrong picture up, I'm guessing temporarily, but this thing should look nasty. Just hope they dip it horizontally as opposed to the vertical bottomland on the maxus.

scdxt

I saw that as we'll. I handled a shadow grass blades camo a5 the other day. I've wanted one of these brownellis!!!!!! Ever since it came out. I've owned inertia guns for a long time and prefer them to gas myself. Funny how browning is using nothing more than a redesigned Benelli action just like the rem versamax. I still believe it's the most reliable action. But u know what they say about opinions. I want the a5 in bottomland myself.

stilker

I'm wanting one bad. Benelli's patent on the inertia system ran out a year or two ago, so Browning was able to create an inertia gun of their own. What better way than a redesigned A5. They call it the "kinematic drive system". The Rem Versamax uses a gas system.

tnturkey

Quote from: stilker on January 23, 2014, 11:49:08 PM
I'm wanting one bad. Benelli's patent on the inertia system ran out a year or two ago, so Browning was able to create an inertia gun of their own. What better way than a redesigned A5. They call it the "kinematic drive system". The Rem Versamax uses a gas system.

I am very excited about this gun I love the sbe2 but I think I am going to go with the a5 instead.

SCDieselDawg

GREAT!! Now I gotta figure out a way to sneak a new shotgun passed the Ol' Lady. She won't mind me buying a new gun but if she saw the price tag I do believe she'd flatline for sure.

HartClemson99

"I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion" Tom Kelly, The Tenth Legion, 1973

Xcal1ber

IMO the new Browning A5 is the smoothest, and best feeling auto loader out right now! And I have tried all the big name ones. I love the bottom land camo on them.
He shouldn't ought done'nat........ He dead.

Old Gobbler

The versa max has a hybrid recoil / adjustable gas cycling system - it is very similar to the benelli Argo system that's is used by the the USMC benelli repeating shotgun - gas ports in the chamber , and a recoil spring in the stock , the versamax's recoil / action spring is very light in tension similar to a inertia gun

The major difference is that in the Remington versamax and the Argo is that the Remington has several ports and they adjust the gas pressure going into the piston depending on how long the shell is , 2.75 to 3.5
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon