only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Star dot?

Started by cjordan, January 22, 2014, 07:41:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrackeySauresRex

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

allaboutshooting

When Walmart quit selling those chokes many years ago, they dumped them by the hundreds all over the U.S. A friend of mine bought a barrel full at one store locally. He paid hardly anything for them and gave many away to anyone who wanted one. There weren't many takers at that time.

It would not surprise me if there are still hundreds of these chokes out there. Now products that don't sell are often bought by liquidators but back then they were just gotten rid of at just about any price. There may well be a warehouse somewhere that has a bunch of these stored away and pretty much forgotten. It happens.

Do you remember just a few years ago when a warehouse full of Remington Hevi-Shot was discovered? Retailers were offered as much as they wanted at less than the cost of the shot. I knew people who bought them just to get the shot and use it in reloaded shells.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: allaboutshooting on January 23, 2014, 03:15:35 PM
When Walmart quit selling those chokes many years ago, they dumped them by the hundreds all over the U.S. A friend of mine bought a barrel full at one store locally. He paid hardly anything for them and gave many away to anyone who wanted one. There weren't many takers at that time.

It would not surprise me if there are still hundreds of these chokes out there. Now products that don't sell are often bought by liquidators but back then they were just gotten rid of at just about any price. There may well be a warehouse somewhere that has a bunch of these stored away and pretty much forgotten. It happens.

Do you remember just a few years ago when a warehouse full of Remington Hevi-Shot was discovered? Retailers were offered as much as they wanted at less than the cost of the shot. I knew people who bought them just to get the shot and use it in reloaded shells.

Thanks,
Clark

Clark,

I would buy that if this guy wasn't in fact from the AL area where they made all Star Dot chokes. 

ILIKEHEVI-13

I'll stand by my hunch that the guy on ebay selling all of these chokes either worked for Highlander Sports or PTC Technologies or possibly owned Highlander Sports or PTC Technologies.  Pleading the 5th I'm not buying it that this guy knows nothing about these chokes. 

ILIKEHEVI-13

Here's a little tidbit for you guys.  The guy on ebay selling all of these Star Dot chokes is from Moulton, AL.  Now I just did a check to see how far Moulton, AL is from Huntsville AL where Highlander Sports was from that marketed the original Star Dot chokes made by Colonial Arms.  Here's what I got.

46 Miles / 74 Km
50 mins
View Route Map

Distance Directions Conditions Photos Close Ad
  • Distance between Moulton, AL and Huntsville, AL

Now what a coincidence. 

ILIKEHEVI-13

Let me guess he just so happen to be in the area to acquire 3700 of the Star Dot chokes at the time this was all going on.  Yea right.   :TooFunny:  And then he says he knows nothing about these chokes. 

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: TrackeySauresRex on January 23, 2014, 03:13:28 PM

I know nothing!  ;D

He NOZZZZZ Nuting!  :TooFunny:

I think you got him Hevi!

TrackeySauresRex

What is he going to do, sell 1  at a time for the 835's on e-bay?  I checked his store site. He don't have them listed.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: TrackeySauresRex on January 23, 2014, 03:50:52 PM
Quote from: TrackeySauresRex on January 23, 2014, 03:13:28 PM

I know nothing!  ;D

He NOZZZZZ Nuting!  :TooFunny:

I think you got him Hevi!

Well he still has yet to answer my email. 

I doubt he does since he probably thinks I'm working for Colonial Arms or that I might be the owner. 

StrutStopper_71

I have one of these eBay chokes but have not shot it yet.
My first post on og was about these chokes and never got a reply,
The link did not work and was wondering if they do In fact shoot the same.
Also the guy on eBay knows what he has just like you stated because they are the only ones that do not have a buy it now price and every other one except the 835's do and they always run up and over 50 dollars. I just really want to know if it will still shoot.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: StrutStopper_71 on January 23, 2014, 06:22:34 PM
I have one of these eBay chokes but have not shot it yet.
My first post on og was about these chokes and never got a reply,
The link did not work and was wondering if they do In fact shoot the same.
Also the guy on eBay knows what he has just like you stated because they are the only ones that do not have a buy it now price and every other one except the 835's do and they always run up and over 50 dollars. I just really want to know if it will still shoot.

I have already answered that question for you.  I'll state it like I stated it in the thread in the choke classified section. 

For what it is worth, I am told that the PTC Technologies Star Dot chokes that were in fact copies of the original Colonial Arms Star Dot chokes, shot just as good as the originals made by Colonial Arms. 

I know I had a straight groove one that had to be made by PTC Technoligies that I gave to guy  I worked with a few years ago.  I also gave him one of my great shooting Hevi-13 3.5" 2.25oz #7 loads to try it with.  That choke I believe was brand new unfired in package.  He said he got 290 shot in 9" circle at 40yds.  So that would equivalate to about 350 or so in a 10".  I have gotten 360 and 361 in a 10" with mine at a taped 40yds.  Now he may have stepped off his yardage.  But I just know he told me that I was right abouth that choke and load shooting so well.  He said he never could get his Moss 835 to shoot is why I gave him that choke and load to try.  He now is a believer in why the 835 's are the ultimate turkey gun. 

StrutStopper_71

Thank you very much info was very appreciated! And sorry did not know about the choke classified section I'm new to og. But this was helpful I had been worried once I found out it wasn't an original. I know all guns shoot a little different but I sure feel a lot better now. When I get ready to pattern it! ;D

JellyHead Key

So are the ones he's selling, just as good as the originals? If so, I'm going to get me one for my 835!

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: JellyHead Key on January 23, 2014, 08:13:58 PM
So are the ones he's selling, just as good as the originals? If so, I'm going to get me one for my 835!

Please read what I wrote above. 

Yes.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Ok some more info for you guys about this guy that says he knows nothing about these 3700 Star Dot chokes he so called acquired. 

http://stores.sheltonsclothing.com/

Now click the link above and type the word Star Dot choke in the search box.  See what you get.  Not a one. 

Now for someone who knows nothing about the so called Star Dot chokes, why is it that he don't sale them in his stores and only on ebay? 

Things that make you say hmmm!