turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Bob Dixon limited edition turkey vest

Started by Pressured Gobbler, January 22, 2014, 06:22:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pressured Gobbler

I can't help it.  But I get tired of people complaining and bashing the Bob Dixon vest because it sells on ebay for $500 or more.

You never hear anybody complaining about a lynch box call selling for $500 on ebay. "It's just a box call"

No it's a collectors piece.

Mossy oak did that vest as a tribute to a great dude that meant a lot to them. The man got robbed and the world would be a better place if he was still down hear!!!

Sorry for the rant but I visit a lot of forums and it's all I hear

Gamblinman

LOL..only from the ones that didn't buy one.

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

ccleroy

I don't hate on them, wish I had one myself.

alloutdoors

Quote from: Pressured Gobbler on January 22, 2014, 06:22:54 AM
I visit a lot of forums and it's all I hear

Agreed, it gets tiring sorting through the dozens of posts that are made about this every day. Really guys, let it go.

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

allchokedup

I took mine to the NWTF Convention a couple of years ago and got Will Primos, "Cuz" Strickland, Harold Knight and David Hale to sign the inside of it. While I was at the Convention, I had a guy offer me $500.00 for it. I'm giving it to my Son and he can pass it down to my grandson.
Later, David

Pressured Gobbler

Quote from: allchokedup on January 22, 2014, 12:41:36 PM
I took mine to the NWTF Convention a couple of years ago and got Will Primos, "Cuz" Strickland, Harold Knight and David Hale to sign the inside of it. While I was at the Convention, I had a guy offer me $500.00 for it. I'm giving it to my Son and he can pass it down to my grandson.
Later, David

that's awesome!!!

FireDoc

QuoteI took mine to the NWTF Convention a couple of years ago and got Will Primos, "Cuz" Strickland, Harold Knight and David Hale to sign the inside of it. While I was at the Convention, I had a guy offer me $500.00 for it. I'm giving it to my Son and he can pass it down to my grandson.

Well, that is just cool. Well done!  :icon_thumright:
Go Dawgs!
Beware the Yelp Marks.
Proud Member of the IAFF

Cove

I'm guilty. . . .

. . . . of wanting a Dixon more than the next guy.  :icon_thumright:

Shellwaster

Quote from: Cove on January 22, 2014, 08:27:23 PM
I'm guilty. . . .

Don't worry man, for the way you hunt those birds Mossy Oak will be making a vest in your honor one day.  Can't wait to hear about your planned adventures this year.

Shellwaster

Quote from: Cove on January 22, 2014, 08:27:23 PM
I'm guilty. . . .

Don't worry man, for the way you hunt those birds Mossy Oak will be making a vest in your honor one day.  Can't wait to hear about your planned adventures this year.

VA_Birdhunter

There will always be Haters!!!  Some people live there life that way with a bad attitude and are miserable! Its sad! 
But a bad attitude is like a flat tire.....the only way to fix it is to change it!   

God Bless

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

SCGobbler

I got out of hunting for about 8 years.  I got married, had kids, changed jobs, etc... Bob passed away during this time and I never knew about the vest until it was too late.  The only people I see bitching about the price are those that didn't buy one.

Sent from my Windows Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
The SC Gobbler

Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters.
                    —Archibald Rutledge

cmd242

I sold mine last season for $550 and haven't looked back. I, personally, didn't like the vest.

boomer

I remember when I bought mine from the local sporting goods shop. My buddy thought I was crazy for spending $150. After the season was over of course they clearance them out for $50 thats when he picked his up. Wished I would have gotten some extra ones at that price.

longbeard56

I bought mine when they came out years back and I'm sure happy I did. I carry mine on almost all my hunts.
longbeard 56/Tenth Legionnaire
Tri-County Longbeards
NWTF Chapter
Southern NJ.