OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

I need a new striker for crystal

Started by Philippe, January 21, 2014, 09:42:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philippe

Guys I need a specific type of striker that wont break the bank that will give me the ability to do very aggressive cutting and purrs. I have yet to find one that makes me happy but I've only tried a few types, walnut, oak, rosewood and cedar. Like I said, I really want this specific striker to put out the aggressive cuts and purrs. Any input is appreciated.

R.W. Mackey

You didn't say what type pot you running, but the Diamondwood laminated type strikers will
Play loud on most surfaces.

Roy
Lone Star Gamecalls
We Talk the Talk

R.W. Mackey

Philippe, missed the Crystal in your heading. Would still try the Diamondwood, and consider
Purpleheart, and Black Locust.

Roy
Lone Star Gamecalls
We Talk the Talk

eddie234

Try yellowheart. I got mine from Neil Herman, he make them for hook's

scoot12

woodhaven birch laminate flared tip striker

bunk

I second the woodhaven birch flared tip but it's not cheap. $25 now. Academy Sports had them on clearance for $12.99 but after the price hike there clearance price is $19.99. Still my favorite striker on my crysral. I also have the hooks yellow heart and like it but use it more on my hot hen slate. Sweet combo.

Roost Wrecker

I would say dymondwood, purpleheart, or monkey pod

eddie234

I like either the birch from woodhaven or my yellowheart gobble stix

waddle13

The monkey wood sounds awesome . I use it on my Southland Yellow Heart Crystal . Another one is the macassar ( sp ? ) striker I had Wendell Rye from Lights Out make . Worth every penny .

Cut*N*Run

The type of wood is part of it, but so is the shape of the striker and how you hold it. Padauk is a good bet, yellowheart too.

R AJ

A super sounding striker made specifically for crystal is an aluminum tipped striker made by Larry Fail in Greenville, Al. Give him a call and he will likely run one for you to hear. Phone 334-382-8982.

captin_hook

mwr

Black locust from Steve(West Augusta)!!  Great Striker! :icon_thumright:

strutnrut

Gooserbat

Ipe, would be my #1 pick but Purpleheart, Osage, or Dymondwood all would be good.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.