OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

I'm pouting, but feeling a little better

Started by 2eagles, January 21, 2014, 12:44:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2eagles

I'm almost to tears today because I should be in Texas on a duck hunt instead of here at home in Iowa where the temp probably won't hit 10 degrees.  We've never done a guided duck hunt and were looking forward to a good time until the guide called and said most all of the ducks had migrated North and recommended we apply our deposits to a hunt for next year instead of wasting our time and money coming down now.  Good of him to offer this.  So while I was surfing the net, I came across this site.  It has truly cheered me up. (a little)  I've been hunting for 50 years, but only started hunting turkeys a few years ago.  Learning from a friend and applying what I've learned deer hunting, I have been having a blast chasing turkeys here in Iowa.  This forum looks like a lot of fun and I'll bet I might learn a thing or two.  My best advice to others is to get out there and have fun!

my selfie

spaightlabs

Sorry your hunt got jacked, but glad your outfitter has scruples and let ya know.

Welcome to OG.

jblackburn

:welcomeOG:

Welcome aboard!  Sorry about the trip, but says a lot about the guide to me that he is honest and did not let you come down and not have any ducks!
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

tomstopper

Quote from: jblackburn on January 21, 2014, 02:36:29 PM
:welcomeOG:

Welcome aboard!  Sorry about the trip, but says a lot about the guide to me that he is honest and did not let you come down and not have any ducks!
:agreed: :welcomeOG: :wagon:

101st501

Welcome, and save your money for turkey stuff

redarrow

captin_hook

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase