only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

22 longrifle

Started by Gooserbat, January 21, 2014, 11:19:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gooserbat

Just thought I would share
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

jakesdad

Very true................sad...but true!!! :z-guntootsmiley:

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

captin_hook

Hognutz

Sad but true.. That is how bad it has gotten. CCI standard velocity are scarce..WTF??
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

ILIKEHEVI-13

I think that CCI has got a contract with the govt to reduce the production 10 fold of their 22 ammo. 

Hoosier2

I couldn't believe it. Gander mtn had an ammo promo a few weekends and they had thousands of rounds of 22lr. I bought a thousand rounds but I asked the lady and she said oh we just have them out for this special weekend. I just don't understand the idea of big box stores hoarding ammo. Simple supply and demand. The did have the golden bucket for 75 bucks but I already have one that I bought a few years ago for under 45. Still have about half the ammo in it.

VA_Birdhunter

That's great!!

It is sad...never thought 22 rds would ever so hard to come by.....I have an FFL and can rarely get them.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

R AJ

The 22 caliber is the most popular rifle / pistol cartridge world wide. It is not reloadable and therein lies one of the reasons they can dry up the surplus and thus control the gun without gun control as such.

Also the price can be jacked up, black marketed , etc. I can drive 50 miles and buy one 50 round box at one place or occasionally get two at another. Internet full of out of stock or else Elys for $16.99 per 50. On efellow near here sells no more than 10 cartridges per person. :z-dizzy:

You can buy 177 or 22 pellet guns that shoot at 850-1200 fps or more and pellets are like 500 for $8.95 and up.
This has taken the place of my plinking fun and 22s are on hold .

Gooserbat

I'll be doing my call repping in a few week and I'll be in 40+ stores and I'm buying all of it I can find.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

VA_Birdhunter

Quote from: Gooserbat on January 21, 2014, 01:25:26 PM
I'll be doing my call repping in a few week and I'll be in 40+ stores and I'm buying all of it I can find.

That is a great idea Gooserbat!!   :icon_thumright:  I hope you can get your hands on a bunch!
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

jblackburn

Can't remember the last time I saw .22 lr somewhere!

Saw .22 Mags at a Sportsmans warehouse yesterday, blew me away!  Almost went and bought a rifle just to have the ammo!
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

30_06

My dad picked me up a few thousand rounds recently from gander mountain. I haven't been able to find any locally in a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tail Feathers

It seems to have gotten worse since the last lead smelting plant in the US closed.  Industry folks said it doesn't matter but the public thinks it does.
I saw signs of it easing over the summer but it's back almost to where it was a year ago.  I managed to accumulate some over the past year but it's not all what I prefer to shoot.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

beagler

I'm running low on 22 shorts, I use them for dispatching animals caught in my trapline. Can't find them anywhere.  :help:
Never Misses

ILIKEHEVI-13

I think it is time we impeach Obama.  None of this happened before he took office. 

Just like his Obama mandate.