OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Thought I Would Show You Boys A Couple New Toys I Have Bought

Started by ILIKEHEVI-13, January 21, 2014, 08:31:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ILIKEHEVI-13

No and they ain't flashlights.  They are .177 air guns.  I haven't received them yet, but I bought them off of gunbroker.  They are both said to be like new in box.  The Beeman Panther was a store demo model.  Got pretty good deals on each is why I bought them.  And the other Beeman .177 I had finally broke on the inside.  It won't cock anymore.  I'm guessing the spring finally broke. 

Ruger Blackhawk .177

Beeman Silver Panther .177

I have a lot of fun shooting these things. 

And they are very accurate. 

Here's an old target I kept for a souvenier from my old Beeman GS1000 that finally went caput. 

I shot a shot at piece of board at 10yds and used the first pellet as my target.  That's 5 shots using RWS R10 pellets.  A top of a Bic ink pen will cover that group.

kevin2

Nice looken guns. Always fun shooting air guns. Miss mine.

Here is something I picked up last year for night hunting predators...

Bmag 17 Winchester Super Mag & topped with my Coyote Light night light. Got to love it!

I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

ILIKEHEVI-13

That's a nice gun. 

I have 2 Marlin 17HMR's. 

One of them I have shot 4 shots out of 5 at 100yds into about 1/4" ctc.  I have shot several 5 shots groups at 100yds that a nickel would cover all 5 shots. 

I used to have a Cooper 57LVT 17HMR that I paid around $1300 for.  It shot a .375 5 shot group at 100yds if my memory serves me well.  I think a dime would cover all 5 shots. 

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: CASH on January 21, 2014, 08:45:42 AM
You got me. I was ready for a flashlight.

:icon_thumright:

I actually quit buying flashlights. 

I went to flashlight therapy and am now cured.   :TooFunny:

ILIKEHEVI-13

Ok I told you guys wrong.  The .375ctc group was with my Suhl 150 benchrest 22lr.  I'll show a photo of each.  The Cooper 57LVT is on the left and the group from my Suhl 150 is on the right.  Both groups can be covered by a dime.  This was at 100yds. 

tomstopper

ILIKEHEVI-13

I'll show you boys a photo of one of the toughest targets to shoot at 50yds.  It was called the Black Death target.  It's a 1/2" circle with a dot in the middle.  You have to put 5 shots inside the white 1/2" circle at 50yds without touching the black on the outer edge of the target.  I did this with a Cooper 17HMR 57LVT.  The smaller diameter of the 17HMR bullet makes it easier.  It took me a few tries but I did it.  Didn't try it much after this.  I know my Suhl 150 22lr would have easily done it a many of a time had I tried it.  It would shoot 5 shot groups almost in the same hole at 50yds.  But still this Black Death target with most guns is a hard feat to do and to max - what they call defeating the Black Death. 

ILIKEHEVI-13

I'll show you guys how accurate the Suhl 150 22lr was I used to have.  The best it has done was 5 shots around .050ctc at 50yds.  I have the photo somehwere.  At 25yds the Suhl 150 would shoot bullet hole through bullet hole.  The target below at 25yds most would call me a liar if they didn't know anything about a Suhl 150 East Germany gun.  I think mine was made in 1972 or 1973.  I later put a custom Benchmark barrel on it.  But it only shot a little better than the original factory Suhl barrel.  I did shoot the .050ctc 5 shot group with the Benchmark barrel I mentioned above.  But this 25yd 5 shot .021ctc was shot with the original Suhl barrel.  A guy by the first name of Jim in Alaska measured that 5 shot group at .021ctc for an avg.  You can see the 3 measurements he took.  He told me at the time it was the smallest 5 shot group he has ever measured at 25yds.  I sent it to him to measure, and I had him send it back to me to keep for a souvenier.

captin_hook

stinkpickle

ILIKEHEVI-13

Glad I fooled you boys. 

Here's a later model Suhl 150-1 on gunbroker that was made in the 1980's.  They still shot very well.  But not as good as the original Suhl 150 made in the 1970's or so the story goes.   These guns have no safety.  Triggers can be adjusted down to 2oz.  I made mine actually around 1.5oz but that was too light and it would sometimes go off closing the bolt.  So I brought it back up to 2oz.  These were strictly target guns. 

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=388464731

Most guys take them and put them in a bedded McMillan stock like this one and put a Hoehn or Harrells tuner on the end of the barrel to make them shoot even better.   

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=388995852

Ok that's enough on the Suhl 150's.

I can't wait to get my pellet guns. 

ILIKEHEVI-13

Ricky ought to get a kick out of this group.  I was wrong on it being in the .050ctc range.  But .076ctc is still a super of a 5 shot group at 50yds.  And it may even be smaller than that.  That was what I got.  I would have to let an expert score it who knows how to measure better than what I do.  But I would say I am in the ball park.  I found it and thought I would share.  This was with the Suhl 150 Benchmark custom barrel at 50yds.  That's probably about 1/6th the surface area of a dime to put that in perspective.

captin_hook

WV Ridge Reaper

Be honest with me..Is that coyote light worth the price ?

Sent from West By God Virginia.