turkeys for tomorrow

Has anyone played Halloran Top Shelf Cacklin' Crystal or Woodhaven Vintage Hen

Started by worth612000, January 20, 2014, 10:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weave

Got an email that mine shipped ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

turkeykiller22

I ran them all at the NWTF convention and they all sounded great! I did like the vision a little better than the others, it seemed smoother to run to me...  The sound of the call was defiantly higher pitched than the other calls as well.

I did go by the Oak Ridge game calls booth, these calls are made by Jimmy Schaffer and boy will they run!! In fact I thought they sounded better than Hallorans calls... JMO I will made a video and post it up for you to hear.

-Drew
Grounded Brand - https://groundedbrand.com/

TalknTurkey

What is the vision? That's not one of his calls that I've heard of before.

scoot12

The vision is made by Woodhaven and in my opinion it is one of the finest sounding crystal calls out there,  it definitely has a different sound to it but runs with ease,  Jimmy Schaffer makes a great call,  I have a blue mahoe crystal over cherry soundboard from him that sounds great.  Scoot

weave

Gotta love the mail lady some days......I got both the Mistress and the new Cracklin in the mail today.

Have one of his box calls but these are my first of his pots.  I am petty amazed at the quality I see here.

They both sound amazing and are uniquely different from each other in tone and pitch.

REBELYELL

I am loving this combo right now, brings down the high pitch to a sweet little Jenny hen.

TBab

Quote from: REBELYELL on March 05, 2014, 06:16:37 PM
I am loving this combo right now, brings down the high pitch to a sweet little Jenny hen.

Rebel what striker is that?
Where Lead Meets The Head
Should've had more sense than to try an call a turkey through a barbed wire fence

scoot12

Spurcollecta

Quote from: scoot12 on February 25, 2014, 09:59:07 AM
The vision is made by Woodhaven and in my opinion it is one of the finest sounding crystal calls out there,  it definitely has a different sound to it but runs with ease,  Jimmy Schaffer makes a great call,  I have a blue mahoe crystal over cherry soundboard from him that sounds great.  Scoot

I picked up a blue Mahoe from Shaefer as well and I really like it. As far as Halorans calls, I liked the new cackling crystal the best and wouldn't hesitate buying that call

highcj5

I bought a twisted sister this past weekend at the Dixie deer classic.  I think it sounds great and runs good.     :z-winnersmiley:

memert116

Have had the Crystal Mistress and really like it.  Bought the Top Shelf at the convention and agree that they are distinctly different sounds with the Cacklin' Crystal being "clearer" and "higher" pitched.

Headed to Texas in early April and will probably take both.   Any recommendations??