Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Do you have a dedicated Turkey gun / if so what gauge is your go to gun

Started by Gut Pile, January 20, 2014, 08:31:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you have a dedicated Turkey gun and if so what gauge is your go to gun right now in case you have more than one?

I have one or more dedicated Turkey guns
24 (31.2%)
No, I do not have a dedicated Turkey gun
0 (0%)
20 gauge
17 (22.1%)
12 gauge
31 (40.3%)
10 / 16 or other gauge
5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

TRKYHTR

RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

WV Ridge Reaper

Mossburg 500,20 Gauge,Dipped in Mossyoak Bottomland.

Sent from West By God Virginia.

jblackburn

Quote from: jblackburn on January 20, 2014, 10:17:25 PM
Two, kind of.

First one yes: 870 with Indian Creek and Firesights

Second one 835.  I have the original 28 inch barrel that I use for doves/ducks/whatever, and a 24 inch turkey barrel with Xfull choke.

And they're both 12 ga.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Vaturkeyhntr

1) primary gun- mossburg 835 tactical turkey with tru-glo red dot, hevi-shot choke with 3 1/2 hevi-shot mag blend

2) bad weather days-  Remington 11-87 with jelly head and 3" #6 Winchester xx supremes.

WildSpur

Mine are all 12's.

1)  870 supermag with a fast fire 2 on top.

2)  835 with 20" pipe.

3)  winchester 1300 with a 21" pipe.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

kevin2

I wish I had the cash for a softer shooting gas semi loader, but this will get it done for now!

I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!

Big Timber

1187 and 870 SM. Both have Pure Gold .670 chokes, with the Burris FastFire, shooting 3 1/2 Heavy shot #7s.
The Mossberg 500 is my sons.

Rokhal07

Gooserbat

Black Rem 870 Express  3.5" 12 ga.  I had the forcing cone lengthened and the barrel polished long before it was the in thing. I added a set of tri-vis sights for several years, and those worked great, but I never could get over the plastic construction so I switched them for Truglo Mag Gobble dot.  I've shot the same Ballistic Specialties .655 choke for years.  The gun/choke hates #4 shot of any kind, will kill all day long with #5 and with #6 is a beautiful thing.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

captin_hook

Heavy Load

Quote from: Gut Pile on January 20, 2014, 08:31:33 PM
Gun poll, very basic, do you have a dedicated Turkey gun and or guns? if so what is the current gauge of your go to Turkey gun right now. Just getting a lay of the land right now and wondering if I even need anything more than my 20 gauge

:fud: :OGani:

Yeap 835 ultimag!

People that know don't talk, and people that talk don't know.
There's no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing.

rem 300

1) Benelli M2 20 gauge 26" barrel IC .555 choke spitting out H13 #7's topped with a doctor sight

2) Winchester 1300 12 ga 22" barrel kicks .655 choke spitting out win HV #6's (lead) topped with a burris speed dot

gophert

Mine for the past 3 years.  870 20 ga sporting an Indian Creek .562

VA_Birdhunter

My faithful Mossberg 935.  Used a 835 for years before and love them!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

TrackeySauresRex

:smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an Voted... 0l Mossy 835.  I've bin kickin around the 20 ga thing for some time now. I just can't let my old mossy go. 
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."