Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Do you have a dedicated Turkey gun / if so what gauge is your go to gun

Started by Gut Pile, January 20, 2014, 08:31:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you have a dedicated Turkey gun and if so what gauge is your go to gun right now in case you have more than one?

I have one or more dedicated Turkey guns
24 (31.2%)
No, I do not have a dedicated Turkey gun
0 (0%)
20 gauge
17 (22.1%)
12 gauge
31 (40.3%)
10 / 16 or other gauge
5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Gut Pile

Gun poll, very basic, do you have a dedicated Turkey gun and or guns? if so what is the current gauge of your go to Turkey gun right now. Just getting a lay of the land right now and wondering if I even need anything more than my 20 gauge

:fud: :OGani:
about the best religion can possibly do, is maybe make you a nice person, where as a relationship with Jesus Christ can make you a new creation

Gut Pile

Sorry I set the poll up wrong... You can only choose one option I meant for it to register 2
about the best religion can possibly do, is maybe make you a nice person, where as a relationship with Jesus Christ can make you a new creation

Deputy 14

I have two. An 870 Supermag 12 and a Mossy 500 20. Both of these are turkey only.

Gamblinman

"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

bigbird

I've got 2, a SBE II I use out west or when I'm hunting field birds at home. My other is an old 870 mag when I'm huntin the public land, shots are never over 25-30 yards

eddie234

longbeards

870 SP Remington ,,,,21 inch tube,,,Tricked in 87

1187SP Remington,,,21 inch Tube,,Tricked in 88

M-1 Benelli,,,Tricked in 07,,,

All 3 inch,,,,all super tight shooting guns

tomstopper

-870 Super Express Mag (downpour days)
-Stoeger M3500 (primary but don't like to use it on nasty days as not having to worry about mechanical issues)
-Winchester 1300 (first turkey gun & I love it but as I get older it didn't get easier on my shoulder)
All are 12 gauges and are extremely effective turkey killers.....

Gobblerjim

Nef single shot 12 ga. Only for turkey's. Stock is black finished with a sharpie marker. As you can tell I'm not really into guns. Just the bare necessities.

dawgfrombama

I have 2 and they are only for turkeys.  A browning BPS NWTF edition 12 gauge and a Remington 870 12 gauge express with a 23" turkey barrel.

Browning

Remington

30_06

jakesdad

Both 870's

12 gauge Express synthetic/homemade camo job on receiver and barrel.Stardot choke Winchester Black box            3" 1 3/4 #6

20 gauge Express wood/matte black.Primos Jellyhead Old Remington Hevishot or Remington Premier Lead,both are 3" 1 1/4 #6

The 20 has been my go to gun for the last several years

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

Eric Gregg

Remington 870 w/Shur Shot stock, Fed Heavyweight #7's with RSF choke rated for heavy shot
  :OGani: :fud: :newmascot: :smiley-char092:

WildTigerTrout

1. Benelli SBE 12 ga
2. Browning BPS 10 ga
3. Benelli Nova 20 ga
4. Rem. 870 Super Mag 12 ga.
5. Knight TK 2000 12 ga. ML
These are all dedicated turkey guns.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

jblackburn

Two, kind of.

First one yes: 870 with Indian Creek and Firesights

Second one 835.  I have the original 28 inch barrel that I use for doves/ducks/whatever, and a 24 inch turkey barrel with Xfull choke.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.