OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Iowa Non-Res Fees...?

Started by Full_Fan, January 20, 2014, 01:09:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stringtown

Well, in TN you have to buy the big game license for the entire yr so technically you could hunt deer too. But, if you just want to turkey hunt it's pretty dern expensive but you do get 4 turkey limit so not too bad per bird.

Full_Fan

Very true.  4 is better than 1.  It always amazes me how completely different it is from State to State.

turkeyfoot

So is the public land hunting in Iowa worth anything if so some NR will pay the price to mark off another state from their list

iowa gobbler

Quote from: turkeyfoot on January 24, 2014, 10:12:24 AM
So is the public land hunting in Iowa worth anything if so some NR will pay the price to mark off another state from their list
I have shot several turkeys off public land in Iowa but Iowa is the only place I have hunted so I don't have anything to compare it to. Some places get hit hard but you can find places. PM me if you want some ideas.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

2eagles

I have shot all of my turkeys on public areas in Iowa.  I have yet to be bothered by other hunters.  I do hike deep in where most guys won't go and many times, I have to wear waders because of high water conditions.  Don't bother asking about where I go.  :lol:

longbeards

I agree,,,STATES NEED TO TAKE A GOOD LOOK AT THEIR LICENSE FEES,,,,THINGS ARE GETTING OUT OF HAND,,,,,Do they not realize that when they loose out of state hunter to charging so much they will never get them back? my 2 cents worth!