OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Recommend me 3 different chokes for the 835.

Started by Xcal1ber, January 19, 2014, 05:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xcal1ber

Getting ready to start from scratch patterning my 835 when it warms up. I plan on shooting HEVI-SHOT 6's. If you can choose 3 different chokes that would most likely be the best to try first, then let me know. Thank you.
He shouldn't ought done'nat........ He dead.

cjordan

An original star dot, and a strut stopper extreme. That is the only two I have messed with, Im sure others will be along to help out here shortly. If you haven't already, I would invest in a limb saver recoil pad. Good luck with it.

Xcal1ber

I planned on getting the recoil pad first thing. Also since you mentioned it I was actually planning on getting the SSX to start with since it's cheaper. Anyone else have any opinions?

ericjames

Colonial Arms.676 (basically a stardot), .670 Pure Gold, and I think it's a .675 that Sumtoy makes that shoots the best that I've seen. Good luck

BowBendr

1. Original Stardot .676
2. Original Madd Maxx .680
3. Kicks GT .670

Those are the 3 that performed best with any shell I chose to shoot in my 835.

owlhoot

Xcal1ber

Thanks so far guys! I have been searching and searching for an orginial Stardot but I can not find one. So is there anything else you would recommend besides the Stardot?

SCDieselDawg

Original JellyHead
TruGlo SSX
StarDot/Indian Creek I haven't messes with these last two but they would be high on my list if I were back in the market.

Philippe

tnturkey

Hoosier2

I've shot the original jellyhead for 5 years now. I shoot them with heavy 13 #5 and they have put down every bird in a hurry. Devastating. That's all I can speak of because I haven't seen a reason to change

KYStalker

My Madd Super Max .695 shoots real close to my Star Dot in my 835.
If you're not first, your last!!

chipper

Pure Gold .670 ,Indian Creek .675 and Kicks  .670 all should shoot good hevi  #6    :TrainWreck1:

Xcal1ber

Thanks again for all the replies guys! I used to shoot 7's last year and really loved them, but on black Friday this year I ran into a deal on the 3.5'' 6's that I couldn't pass up. So I bought all they had lol.

davisd9

I have a Star Dot and think it is the best 835 choke but here are three that are EASILY attainable:

1. Indian Creek .675
2. TruGlo SSX .670
3. JellyHead .690

Good luck!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer