OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Look what I found today

Started by sugarray, March 11, 2011, 11:26:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sugarray

I have been on this piece of new property 3 times now.  It is new to me this year and is 160 acres.  It is pretty thick and today with the snow on, I realized, very thick.  Made up to the top of the ridge and border and found this.  Nice little flock did this and looks like at least one male.  They went off to the neighboring property, so off to the court house to try to find out who has it and to hopefully get permission to hunt.

Muskie03

Muskie03 Taught Me A Lesson In 2011

If it eats I can catch it, if it bleeds I can kill it.

hobbes

Nice find and good luck on permission on the neighboring property. 

Is that the area your calling thick?

mmusso

sugarray

Quote from: hobbes on March 11, 2011, 11:59:32 AM
Nice find and good luck on permission on the neighboring property. 

Is that the area your calling thick?

No, it finally opened up some up on top.  I was pleased to see this.  I'll try to get the video camera out the next time I go to show it off and see what you all think. 

I had been logged and lots of saplings and green briar.  Has been about 3-5 yrs.  Hard to get around or see more than 50 yds, well.  I jumped 2 deer and there was no way I could have gotten a shot during the season.

archery1

still snow around?  i live in pa we had so much rain there is no snow around at all....now my buddy in sullivan county had 24" sunday. he says there arent going to be any turkeys up there
Take a kid hunting

socalturkeyman

congrats ray,looks like you might be able to get your boy his first gobbler this year if lucks on your side. Hopefully all that snow melts soon.

P.s. Im sweating right now in so cal 80 degrees at 9 in the am.  :P
A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

ghillie

pretty good scratchin going on there...good luck to ya     :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

GOLD HUNTER

Ray that could be a hot spot, good luck this spring  :icon_thumright:

brian

mossy835

Nice kind of like hunting in the snow versus the rain. Good luck and hope your son scores a shot at least.

hookedspur

Quote from: ghillie on March 11, 2011, 12:47:36 PM
pretty good scratchin going on there...good luck to ya     :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
:agreed: :icon_thumright:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

FLTurkey

Save your gas, look up the owner on the county property appraiser website.

John

sugarray

It doesn't take much gas to go 2 min to the court house, and I got an awesome aerial view map.  Struck out on 2/3.  3rd family wasn't home.  Those 2 weren't the main piece I was trying to get, so hopefully that one will work out.  If not, we'll just have to get there early, and be the most enticing.

TRKYHTR

Looks good Ray. Get them birds patterned so Reese will have a chance to kill one. Scenerio 3 coming up.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck