Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Primos Truth 25. I can't get it anywhere!

Started by busta biggun, January 17, 2014, 10:05:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

busta biggun

It makes no sense why places like Bass Pro and Cabela's don't have any of the "new" turkey hunting DVD's out until April. It seems they think when April comes, put out all of the turkey stuff. While I would agree that makes sense, it makes no sense for the new DVD's. I watch these in January and February, when there is snow on the ground, you can't hunt anything, and spring is around the corner. By the time late March and April hits, I don't have time to watch DVD's as I am out in the woods. I can't even order the Primos Truth 25 direct from them anymore, you have to go to a place that sells them locally.

Stinks!

Gamblinman

"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

busta biggun

Thanks Gamblinman! I just ordered one from Midwest.

Gobblerjim

VA_Birdhunter

Quote from: busta biggun on January 17, 2014, 11:13:12 AM
Thanks Gamblinman! I just ordered one from Midwest.

Its a good video Primos done a good job as always.  I got mine back in December....watched it and sent it on down the line.  Its a yearly tradition for me to buy there new Turkey hunting DVD every year.

God Bless
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

1tiogabowhunter

Has Realtree stopped producing a turkey video?

Drthorn

Primos DVD is a stocking stuffer from Santa every year for me

owlhoot

Bass pro has the 25 truth dvd, just finished watching. Good as always

Cove

I used to be the same way. Bought the newest few every year. But after watching Primos last video (may have been one before last now??) I said that was the last. . . . it became torture to watch them sit in a blind over dirty D or whatever they call them. I remember it having a pair of good hunts on the entire thing, one with Kevin's little boy shooting his first and one hunt in MS if my memory serves me right. Now, I watch youtube.

I miss them ole Primos guys . . .

Hoosier2

Man the days of will walker, brad Farris, dean Davis, cuz Strickland. And when Wilbur would hunt almost half of them. I keep watching the 9-13 series the new stuff is tough to sit through

El Pavo Grande

#1 - #4 are classics.  Quality of camera didn't compare to today's standards, but the content was great.  Some of the best hunts were misses.  Last year is the first one I didn't buy....like Cove said, didn't care to see them market the Dirty B.  To each their own and I hunt Midwest open terrain too, but hardwood bottoms in the south are as good as it gets (probably a southern thing).  Just a personal preference for me.  Over the years those hunts have dwindled from a lot to a few.  I understand it though.  It's much more difficult to get "quantity" when you need 40 kills for a video.  I'll probably buy this one though.

Gobblerjim

25 has some nice hunts. They do market their stuff but whatever.

mozart_hunter

Found mine at cabelas and saw one at bass pro too.

ncturkey

I have not got me a copy yet. I love there videos no matter the ads. There products and other advertising is what pays for the DVD production and all.

njdevilsb

The Primos dvd's are still head and shoulders above the ones that HS puts out in my opinion.  HS has more set up scenes than most movies and I can't stand that.  I'll end up getting both like I always do, but to me Primos is 100 times better.

I hate it when shows and dvd's show fake after the shot excitement and high fives or a view of the hunter raising his gun that is filmed from in front of the hunter.  Anything that is clearly added in after the shot that is supposed to look like it was during the hunt is not necessary to me.

I could care less if they are in a blind or not or are hunting with their newest decoys or not.  The turkeys still gobble and strut and they still flop all the same.