turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Warm Spell

Started by MKMGOBL, January 16, 2014, 08:19:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MKMGOBL

The warm spell the last few days & seeing the daylight getting longer has me in a full itchin for turkey season to get here! It probably doesn't meant much to most of the southern members on here but for me up here in NH....this is freaking awesome weather :camohat:
"Luck Happens When Preparation Meets Opportunity"

buck_hunter21

Calling for an inch of snow here.....  :help:
Spill Blood

J Hook Max

I am on the Gulf Coast of Alabama and it was 26 degrees this morning. We are freezing to death this winter.

Gooserbat

Warm one day and cold the next, welcome to Oklahoma.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

redarrow

Had 12-14 inches of snow .Then -48 wind chill,next day +48 2 days later 22.Light snow coming down now. Gotta love Michigan.

allaboutshooting

About 18 last night but up to 46 today.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

njdevilsb

I was enjoying the upper 40's low 50's we had a few days ago but now we're back to normal winter.  I wait for turkey season once deer season ends.  The long winters don't help anything.

kevin2

COLD here! But, I totally here you. Got Turkey on my mind all the time now too...
I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!

jblackburn

Warm spell here in WA, mid to upper 40s and sunshine.  I woke up this morning and gobbled at my wife, she was not impressed.  Still have a few weeks to go . . .
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

MKMGOBL

Quote from: jblackburn on January 16, 2014, 02:47:40 PM
I woke up this morning and gobbled at my wife, she was not impressed.  Still have a few weeks to go . . .

:TooFunny: :TooFunny:

The weather is heading back to normal here this weekend. I'll be out busting some crows so I hope it doesn't return all at once on me. At least the days getting longer can't go backwards on us...it will only be getting better & better :icon_thumright:
"Luck Happens When Preparation Meets Opportunity"

Muzzy61

Spent the weekend moving all my deer hunting gear to the back of the closet and all my turkey gear to the front. it can't get here fast enough.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Tomspur

Here in Texas today had a low of 40 and a high of 71. Birds are gobbling like crazy. Can't wait tiil March 15.

slamman

Clear and Still here.  Clear up to my a$$ and Still Snowing.   ;D ;D

VA_Birdhunter

19 deg. here this morning and we still have a 1/2 inch of snow on the ground.  Calling for more this weekend 1-3 inches.  I am so ready for spring!!!!

God bless
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

allaboutshooting

I was able to go out and "straighten-up" my deer blind, there was still ice in places that were in the shade.

Then I spent some time at the range trying a few choke and shotshell combinations. Then I gathered up some limbs that the ice and snow storms had brought down in the pecan grove.

I was amazed to see all the deer tracks in that grove. They really like the pecans and there were a lot left on the trees this year. We could not get to them because of the ice and that's just fine. The wildlife needs all the help they can get to get through this tough weather.

We have about 40 trees in that grove and they are reaching their full maturity. They are about 30 years old now and produce a lot of nuts each year.

We did not harvest any black walnuts this year but they too went to good use.

We have some very fat and healthy squirrels.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."