turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Dead Coyote out of an IC turkey choke?

Started by Mallards Only, March 11, 2011, 09:54:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mallards Only

Occasionally, I get a stray coyote within range while turkey hunting on the ranch.  Has anyone shot the Hevi Dead Coyote loads out of the Indian Creek turkey choke or do you think it's too tight of a constriction?

mcgruff1533

My Indian Creek package says to NOT use any shot larger than #2.   Dead Coyote uses T shot which is basically .20" and is therefore larger than #2 shot.

In a word, DO NOT shoot Dead Coyote through your Indian Creek turkey choke.

3" 870 Shell Shucker

My Indian Creek BDS .665 choke's packaging said #4 through #9 birdshot.  I also emailed Indian Creek, and they confirmed this.

Skeeterbait

Don't think I would shoot it out of your turkey choke.  Now I have a IC .710 that I shoot 3.5" #4 Buck and it does a great job.

bowhunter84

VAHUNTER

Quote from: bowhunter84 on March 11, 2011, 11:03:51 AM
doesnt sound like a good idea
i agree.
Hevi13 #6's will put a yote on the ground quick if he is within range.
a member here posted that he shot a full grown hog with H13 while turkey hunting. said it dropped in it's tracks. i'm thinking it was close to 25yds
Good things come to those who wait

Fox Fire

That would fall into the NO GO department.   Can we say possible trip to the E.R.  ? :TrainWreck1:

archery1

wouldnt do it. might screw up ur whole huntin season for sure.
Take a kid hunting

Ctomp1974

Quote from: mcgruff1533 on March 11, 2011, 10:23:10 AM
My Indian Creek package says to NOT use any shot larger than #2.   Dead Coyote uses T shot which is basically .20" and is therefore larger than #2 shot.

Please Don't!!! because we'll have to suffer through another "look what happened to me" post. :laugh:

Clint

VAHUNTER

Quote from: Ctomp1974 on March 11, 2011, 02:54:55 PM
Quote from: mcgruff1533 on March 11, 2011, 10:23:10 AM

Please Don't!!! because we'll have to suffer through another "look what happened to me" post. :laugh:

Clint

very true  :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
Good things come to those who wait

Mallards Only

Gonna try it today.  I'll let you know how it goes.

Just kidding.  Thanks for the replies.

surehuntsalot

why do you need to use the dead coyote load in your gun
lead #4's or 5's and all of the HTL loads will kill a coyote graveyard dead at 40-50 yds all day long
it's not the harvest,it's the chase