OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

NWTF

Started by fallhnt, January 13, 2014, 11:53:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fallhnt

Is this still a organization or does it just stand for Now What The F*** ?I haven't got a magazine from them for some time.
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

M Sharpe

I depends on who's wanting what......If they want some thing, it is one the greatest organizations there is. If you are expecting something from them.....well, it would be the latter.
In a few more years, they will have weeded the custom call makers out of the convention.
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

barry

This year would have been our local chapter's 30th anniversary - key words "would have been"
Our committee had dwindled so we asked the powers that be for help. 7 months later we've had one reply from the area supervisor saying he would come meet with us. That was in Sept and we haven't heard from him since!
Oh yeah, over the past 29 years we have sent over 1/2 million $$$ to Edgefield, I guess they figured the pot was empty and we weren't worth fooling with anymore.
Like MSharpe said, it just depends on who's wanting what!

VaTuRkStOmPeR

I used to be a committee member but have no desire to reassume that role. 

I firmly believe they have alienated their base and lost their way. Their reputation has diminished significantly over the past several years.

stone road turkey calls

It's time to reroute the cash flow. would love to see more calling and call building competitions out side the NWTF.

Gary
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

gobblingghost

It would be nice to get another turkey hunting group together and give them some competition. There was a group with a magazine called North American Wild Turkey Society. I have not heard anything about in years.

lonnie sneed jr.

Glad to see my family is not the only one burned with the NWTF. Everyone of you guys has hit the nail on the head.

:OGturkeyhead: :OGturkeyhead:

catdaddy

Quote from: gobblingghost on January 14, 2014, 08:13:00 AM
It would be nice to get another turkey hunting group together and give them some competition. There was a group with a magazine called North American Wild Turkey Society. I have not heard anything about in years.

I have become attuned to the widespread dissatisfaction with the NWTF for several years--myself included. I have given this a lot of thought and believe the time is right to construct from the ground up a new organization solely devoted to wild turkey hunting. My strong intuition is that if done correctly, the new organization could outpace and possibly one day replace the NWTF as the dominate group who claims to represent the interst of the turkey hunter. I believe in this so much I would devote all my energies into it if I did not have to deal with the demands of a full time job. 

srmturk

Can someone be specific in what the problems are?  I'm curious only because I don't want to throw my money away supporting them and I was thing of doing just that.

gobblingghost

Quote from: catdaddy on January 14, 2014, 04:31:57 PM
Quote from: gobblingghost on January 14, 2014, 08:13:00 AM

I have become attuned to the widespread dissatisfaction with the NWTF for several years--myself included. I have given this a lot of thought and believe the time is right to construct from the ground up a new organization solely devoted to wild turkey hunting. My strong intuition is that if done correctly, the new organization could outpace and possibly one day replace the NWTF as the dominate group who claims to represent the interst of the turkey hunter. I believe in this so much I would devote all my energies into it if I did not have to deal with the demands of a full time job.

Catdaddy,
  I think you could create a magazine with articles written by turkey hunters. I would start out with  a bimonthly magazine and not full gloss.

savduck

I haven't been a member in 6 or 7 years. They don't do much a round here anymore. You would think that since the population has exploded, now the focus would be on bettering the habitat to increase the carrying capacity or planting food plots on public WMAs. Nope.
Georgia Boy

Red Clay

I don't have an opinion on how the organization is run.....but I think the conservation seed program is excellent.

TRKYHTR

CATDADDY for CEO of the American Wild Turkey Association.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

surehuntsalot

I dropped them a couple of years ago,and have no plans to ever support them again.
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

srmturk