turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Gob pic question

Started by scoot12, January 12, 2014, 11:09:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scoot12

Pulled a few of my trail cams this past weekend and have 9 gobs hanging around,  is it me or do the hooks on this guy look over an inch and he looks like he has quite a beard.  maybe a 3 year old?  any opinions  Scoot

ccleroy

Ya, he's got stickers......better than a 3 y/o Scott......just give me a gps coord and I'll take care of him.

Hoosier2

Boy those are some hooks. Good luck chasing him.

Bill

njdevilsb

Definitely at least 3.  He's a real nice bird and I hope you tag him this spring.  We had one on our cams all last spring that had hooks that were huge but we never could catch up with him.  We got right in his bedroom a few mornings but he always gave us the slip and would go silent right after flydown.  Old birds like that can be tough to hunt.

Gold Spur

At least a three year old. He's a dandy. Good luck hunting him this spring.
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

brianf

"The fifth sense is "common sense"- either you have it or you don't."

redarrow

RutnNStrutn

Judging by the snow, and his looks, I'm assuming he's an Eastern. If so, with hooks like that he's probably 4 years old or more. Good luck with him this spring!! :icon_thumright:

AUDoubleBeard

Nice hooks! Good luck chasing him!

bigbird

I'd guess 4 those spurs look like they're prolly a buck and a half! Hope you can put your tape on him this season and tell us for sure! Good luck

renegade19

MKMGOBL

"Luck Happens When Preparation Meets Opportunity"

Gamblinman

Wow..what a dandy. Good luck with the harvest

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

TrackeySauresRex

I'd give him another year  ;D
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.