Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Can anybody hear me? 1/12/14 Devotional

Started by pappy, January 12, 2014, 11:49:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

Have any of you ever wondered where God was when you were confronted with a situation or circumstance that drained you Spiritually? When you stood on the edge of life's cliff and felt like just jumping off? You cried out to God, you prayed till your knees had calluses and still nothing. It seemed like God had moved out of the Universe...first I have to say, God Hasn't Moved......He still sits on His throne....still attending...still caring....solid as a rock! WE MOVED ... yep I said it, God is still where He has always been....it is mankind that has moved off.
Isaiah 59:2 - "But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid [his] face from you, that he will not hear."
Whoa ... that is hard ... straight in your face stuff! Am I lying? Nope, am I condemning surely not, just making it clear that God has NOT MOVED, He HAS NOT STOPPED LISTENING....we have separated ourselves from Him.
How do we get back to where we were?  "Therefore say to them, `Thus says the LORD of hosts, "Return to Me," declares the LORD of hosts, "that I may return to you," says the LORD of hosts." Open our hearts.  Come back to where we were. God's patience will outlast our faults. The first step has been taken, as we now have realized our position. 2 Chronicles 15:4 "But in their distress they turned to the LORD God of Israel, and they sought Him, and He let them find Him."
What about the next one? Well, that is strictly up to us, do we want to return to God? Or have we become accustomed to our sins? Has the gap gotten too wide? NOT FOR GOD! Please consider this and take that next step.
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

vaturkey

Thanks Pappy ! God Bless You My Friend !  :jesus-cross:
Vaturkey

misfire

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net