turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Jelly head maximum ?

Started by dirtywhite, January 11, 2014, 03:49:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dirtywhite

Anyone heard anything about the new jelly head maximum choke ? might have to pick one up when they release and see if they are any better than the ones I already have  can't have to many chokes  :drool:
"Forgiveness is between god and them it's my job to arrange the meeting"

Hoosier2

I'm so excited to see this choke. I have had fantastic results with my 835 jellyhead combo with hevi 13 #5. I saw that bass pro has them for 59.99 back ordered aka they don't have them yet. Somebody get there hands on one and start testing for the love of god.

Bill

owlhoot

Wonder what the real difference could be?
Could the black -T coating and the ZOMBIE green stripes extend your range.
Must be the internals, the old jellies did a great job!

chatterbox

Quote from: owlhoot on January 11, 2014, 06:37:32 AM
This.

the Ward

If stripes increase the range[i'm going to paint my whole vinci zombie green,so  the turkeys only have to see it to be turned to stone.I shall christen it "medusa's revenge" lol!

SCDieselDawg

Quote from: the Ward on January 11, 2014, 09:08:06 AM

If stripes increase the range[i'm going to paint my whole vinci zombie green,so  the turkeys only have to see it to be turned to stone.I shall christen it "medusa's revenge" lol!

Me too!! The JHs I've run in my 870s and 935 have been devestating. I couldn't imagine those chokes getting any better.

bigbird

It's .005 tighter for starters, other than that it's prolly just a longer version of the tight wad

JuniorPre 360

Quote from: owlhoot on January 11, 2014, 06:37:32 AM
I recently bought a Jellyhead and a day later, the new one shows up on Basspro. I'd be interested to see the difference in performance between the two.

REBELYELL

I sold them the o-rings they are using for the grooves in the end of the choke. They did not change anything internally to my knowledge. The redesign is simply a marketing strategy. When you see the green stripes or O-rings sticking out of your barrel, everyone knows that is the Jelly Head maximum. I think they done a pretty good job remarketing an already proven choke in the field.

http://www.primos.com/products/choke-tubes/jelly-head/

Old Gobbler

I'm not sure if this new JH choke is titanium plated , but I think it is .....

I own a Carlsons black cloud mod. Titanium coated choke for waterfowl hunting and when I talked to the folks at Carlsons on the phone they told me that the coating reduces wad buildup on the interior of the choke , that's all I know about titanium coatings for choke tubes in a nutshell 

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

REBELYELL

It's not titanium plated, but coated in Birdsong Black T finish. It's a proprietary finish that is almost like a Teflon coating. The main thing it does is prevents rust and makes the working or internal parts in a gun's action much smoother and fluid. It will be offered in 10, 12 and 20 GA. Birdsong contracts with the FBI, military and law enforcement around the country. I have a couple of guns that are Black T coated and it's good stuff.

http://black-t.com

surehuntsalot

Quote from: REBELYELL on January 14, 2014, 06:08:11 PM
I sold them the o-rings they are using for the grooves in the end of the choke. They did not change anything internally to my knowledge. The redesign is simply a marketing strategy. When you see the green stripes or O-rings sticking out of your barrel, everyone knows that is the Jelly Head maximum. I think they done a pretty good job remarketing an already proven choke in the field.

http://www.primos.com/products/choke-tubes/jelly-head/

about the only thing they changed is some new paint colors for the people that think they got to have a new choke,60-70.00 for a china made choke....don't think so
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

JuniorPre 360

Do the O rings serve a purpose other than looking "cool?"

owlhoot

REBELYELL

Quote from: JuniorPre 360 on January 15, 2014, 10:58:58 AM
Do the O rings serve a purpose other than looking "cool?"

Reduces recoil.

:TooFunny: