OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

8 Years Ago Today

Started by vaturkey, January 10, 2014, 04:15:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Old Gobbler

Hang in there Ricky , you type of loss is difficult to handle , but your a strong man and your family's and friends love you - I don't think there are words to comfort you for all you have been through , but just hang in there , your son would want you to be smiling and keep hunting for him

I lost somebody very close to me while I was turkey hunting with him some 20 plus years ago , and it was difficult for me to adjust to such a senseless act of stupidity on another persons behalf, then a few years later I lost my best buddy ... my father to cancer , he was too young to go .... He was my steady right hand man in the turkey woods and was like 3 legged donkey trying to go on hunting , luckily I had friends and people like you on this crazy internet thing to keep my spirits high - if it were the other way around and fates hand would have had I was the one to not leave the woods that morning instead of my uncle - I know I would have wanted them to be happy and keep turkey hunting - so that's what I do - I don't like to dwell on it , but when I see another brother down , I try to pull them up and share that they are not alone .... And we are here to help out whenever needed

God Bless , keep your head high , and keep hunting  :jesus-cross:

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Thicketmaster

Sorry for your loss no body should ever have to lose a son or daughter . That gun looks great!!  Take it out and kill a gobbler with it this spring as a tribute to your son! God bless you!