Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What gun did you start turkey hunting with?Calls? Shells?Vests?

Started by owlhoot, January 09, 2014, 06:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TBab

I started out when I was 12 with my dad. I used a 870 20 gauge an old school HS vest a few cheap primos mouth calls and an antique lynch box call that was my papaws and some old jungle fatigue camo that was way to big for me. Killed my first two birds the spring following that an haven't looked back since. I wouldn't trade it for the world.
Where Lead Meets The Head
Should've had more sense than to try an call a turkey through a barbed wire fence

TBab

Forgot to mention the Winchester supreme 3'' #5's that knocked down my first strutter at 43 yards through a stock x-full choke.
Where Lead Meets The Head
Should've had more sense than to try an call a turkey through a barbed wire fence

snuff can

I started off with a ben lee ribbed pro mouth call. Army surplus camo and a model 1300 winchester shotgun. No vest

Yoder409

Started with a Winchester 1200 and a Winchoke X-Full tube, Federal 2 3/4" magnums #2 shot, a tube call I made out of a 35mm film can, a rubber surgical glove and some black electrician's tape.

Nobody had ever even heard or THOUGHT of a turkey vest yet.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Bama turkey hunter

Moss 835 I sold it got a rem 870 sm and never looked back. Both are good turkey guns
Tony

Buck

Started with an A5 Browning 2 3/4 30inch full choke shotgun,  an ML Lynch World Champion box call and Woodland camo.

Rockhound

Mossberg 5500 mkii I'm bottom land camo (still a turkey killer ) factory full and federal 3" #5. Lil duece slate call.

It now sports a kicks 660, limbsaver sights, and Hevi magblends when I carry it.

CT Spur Collector

12 gauge, 870 Rem. Pump, DD Adams Slate, old fanny pack with a "hot seat".

Now: 12 gauge,scoped, pistol grip, auto, Benelli, Carlson choke, Topps or Quaker Boy mouth calls/MAD glass & slate & Primos vest.

I got a little better job since I was 18.