News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Oldest Hunter on OG and How Long Turkey Hunting

Started by R AJ, January 09, 2014, 08:39:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guesswho

Quote from: GobbleNut on January 09, 2014, 05:43:52 PM
Somehow I knew there would be a smartazz comment coming from you Ronnie!  ...Just surprised it took so long,...YaGoob....
You know you can count on me ;D  I got your back.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

spurman

If I make it until spring I will be 74 but only turkey hunting since the 70's.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

Skeeterbait

Quote from: CASH on January 09, 2014, 10:16:22 PM
Old Fart club

That smell is from experience.

I'm certainly not the oldest but I guess I belong to the club.  I'm 54 and been chasin birds since I was 20.  This coming season will be my 34th.

Gobblerjim

One day I'll be there 39 now and 2 of my best turkey hunting buds are over 60. I learn something new every time.

CASH

Quote from: Skeeterbait on January 09, 2014, 10:48:02 PM
Quote from: CASH on January 09, 2014, 10:16:22 PM
Old Fart club

That smell is from experience.

I'm certainly not the oldest but I guess I belong to the club.  I'm 54 and been chasin birds since I was 20.  This coming season will be my 34th.

Very true. I'll be there sooner than later.

Way more experience in the woods than I have in birthdays.

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

hookedspur

58 started hunting at about 10 years old with my Dad ,he's gone now but I have another hunting buddy ,my 7 YO Grand Daughter is going with me now.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

headbanger

I'm 56...started hunting turkeys in the late 70's and started killing them in the early 80's. Hoping I have 20-30 more springs in me to keep bangin heads :gobble:

Hawkfarm

Only 65.  Started hunting turkeys when I started bow hunting deer in 1968.   Started getting serious about hunting turkeys when they started showing up on the family farm in the early to mid 90's.   

lonnie sneed jr.

Started tagging behind my dad 47 years ago, trying to learn how to Turkey hunt but not carring a gun. Started carring a gun and tagging along, trying to kill a Turkey 46 years ago. Killed my first gobbler 44 years ago. I am not old I just fill old, I am 54.

:OGturkeyhead: :OGturkeyhead:

stinkpickle

Y'all are DIRT OLD!  Heck, I'm over a year away from my 21st birthday.  It'll be my second one, but it's still a 21st birthday!   :angel9:

wingbone caller

I'm 75 years dirt old. Started hunting when I was a teenager. Been turkey hunting since the early 1990's

WildTigerTrout

I am 53 and started hunting turkeys in 1972 when I was 12 years old.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

GobbleNut

Quote from: stinkpickle on January 10, 2014, 04:06:58 PM
Y'all are DIRT OLD!  Heck, I'm over a year away from my 21st birthday.  It'll be my second one, but it's still a 21st birthday!   :angel9:

Well, in that case, I'm less than a year away from my third 21st birthday!  ...I'm feeling better about my old, decrepit state already!  Hey StinkyP, you really know how to make us old guys feel better about ourselves!

mountman62

i used to think I was in the younger group of guys on here at 51 years of age now, but looks like I am in the majority, them young broncs got lots to learn, and i learn something every time i go, been hunting since I was old enough for Daddy to throw me in there with him, but seriously turkey hunting since 89, when i was a mere 27 years old, i killed one the first year, and to put it in the words of one of the masters, 'i killed another one after that'
It's not a passion, It's an OBSESSION

[img][img]