turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Worst gun you ever owned

Started by chrisun, January 07, 2014, 09:16:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rapscallion Vermilion

My very first.  A Mossberg bolt action shotgun with an ajustable choke.  Bought when I was around 13 from a neighbor for $20 I earned doing yardwork. I never could hit much with it. Discovered some time later that the barrel was seriously bent one side.  Luckily I received hand-me-down shotguns from both grandfathers soon after.

Rio Fan

I bought a Mossberg 835 from Walmart years ago.  The first time I took it out duck hunting, I got checked by a game warden and he had me put 3 shells in the gun and then had me try to put a 4th one in.  I was shocked to find out that gun didn't come with a plug.  I should've checked, but I just assumed it would have one.  Luckily the game warden had checked me several times over the years and he believed me that it was an honest mistake.  Plus, the dang thing kicked like a mule! 

catdaddy

A Stoger side by side 12 gauge. It was a single trigger model with a barrel selector. I never could get the left barrel to shoot. I sent it back to the manufacture and they send me a new 2 trigger model. 

R AJ

Mine was a used purchase Winchester 20 gauge semi-auto that had a part that would not allow the shells to load into the chamber properly. I bought this for my son who was around 12 or so at the time.  What a bummer for him and me.
Second was a used Ruger 22 that was sweet but it was going to have a hung shell in the chamber at some point or three during the day. Cleaned and cleaned but just never got it to work properly so it had to go bye bye too.

Houndstooth Game Calls

Browning bps youth 20 poa/ poi problems wasnt interested in scopeing the gun. It shot so high it was crazy aim at the bottom of a beard to hit him in the head.. Havent had a browning since..

hookedspur

Mine was a Mossberg 835 . It shot all over the place and made more noise than a sack full of Rattle Snakes
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

TauntoHawk

Remington 710 30-06, held a decent group but the bolt action was terrible.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Tom Dooley

Remington 770. It would jam and hang every time you chambered and ejected a round.

campcreekfarm

Benelli SBE.  Absolutely the worst poi/poa.  Shot 2' high and 2' to the right.  No matter what.

Deputy 14

S&W 40VE pistol. I wouldn't have used it for an impact weapon. Would not shoot a hollow point and the best 10 yard group it would shoot was about 8 inches. The only thing it ever hit was the guy that bought its right foot. Was working on trigger control and aiming at his foot. He unloaded the chamber and then took the full magazine out.

Skeeterbait

Mossberg 640kd Chuckster 22 magnum.  If you fired enough shells at a target with that thing it would look like a #4 buckshot pattern.  Tried several scopes and mounts and every shell under the sun in that thing, nothing grouped.

WildTigerTrout

Savage Model 24 O/U 22 Hornet-12 ga. Piece of CRAP. It was heavy, quality was lacking and did'nt balance well at all. At 25 yards the shotgun barrel POI was 2 feet high after zeroing the rifle barrel. I got rid of it QUICK!
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Old Gobbler

A old Fox 20 gauge side by side that would light off both barrels at the same time with regularity , had it happen to me too many times to remember

, I loved the gun but the thought of it blowing up its old pitted rusted barrels , barrels with thin spots .... I wanted to keep it for a wall gun but it just became too much of a safety concern and that it would harm someone one day who didn't know any better -too costly to repair it with a new set of barrels , the action was not trustworthy , and the stocks a cracked up disaster , I did the only viable option --- it got turned in to be destroyed
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

owlhoot

Tristar 20 auto form BPS on clearance, Me and a buddy each got one.
Shot almost a foot and a half low, one jammed a lot , one ripped brass away from hull, left hull in chamber.
Sent one back and 4 weeks later got report that it shot in spec. Returned both to bps.