OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Burris Fast Fire III, who's using this system?

Started by kevin2, January 06, 2014, 09:01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevin2

I bought the Burris Fast Fire III for my 12 gauge night predator hunting rig, but figured I'd use it during Turkey season also.

Anyone out there use it with any success yet?

It was a bear to install with the speedbead set up I had to use, that is for sure!
I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!

reynolds243

Ive used one for 2 years and really like it! I like the old on/off switch better then the current button just so I know it's off but that's minor

paboxcall

When it comes to turkey guns I like to keep things simple, like fiber optics or straight bead sights.  But I stuck a FFIII on this little thing.... :icon_thumright:

A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

chatterbox

I have one on mine with an 8 MOA dot, and love it! Light, compact, and tough as nails.
I had mine sighted in in 2 shots. I wrote a review in the product review section.
Best turkey optic out there, IMO.

kevin2

I'm dying to get out and sight it in. How did you set up your red dot? Directly on your guns bead OR just above it? Did you use either or both of the spacers to raise the sight up a bit?

Quote from: chatterbox on January 07, 2014, 04:12:45 AM
I have one on mine with an 8 MOA dot, and love it! Light, compact, and tough as nails.
I had mine sighted in in 2 shots. I wrote a review in the product review section.

beagler

I mounted one on my 7yr old daughter's 20ga Mossberg 510 Mini Turkey Thug. Works great.

Never Misses

chatterbox

Quote from: kevin2 on January 07, 2014, 11:45:21 AM
I'm dying to get out and sight it in. How did you set up your red dot? Directly on your guns bead OR just above it? Did you use either or both of the spacers to raise the sight up a bit?

Quote from: chatterbox on January 07, 2014, 04:12:45 AM
I mounted mine on a 336 base. No spacers used.

alloutdoors

Got one last year to put on an M2. Hunted with it last fall and really liked it.

lohaus

I just had my hands on this at Cabelas.  I wanted to hear what people's thoughts were on this too at it ran about $250.

kevin2

Here are a few photos of the Burris FastFire III with the Speedbead Installation Kit.

ads1

Here is a Burris FF3 on a Remington 870. Great rig
Terry E. Kiser from Southeastern Illinois

chatterbox

Them's some good lookin' noggin' busters, boys! :icon_thumright:

kevin2

Got the Burris all sighted in at the club on Saturday. This gun is a canon! Can't wait to get it out on the critters...