OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

passing the time

Started by gobblinfever, January 06, 2014, 04:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobblinfever

Turkey season is around the corner. What do you do to past the time?
Nothing better than turkey huntin

mossybird

guesswho

Dream about turkeys, guns, hooters, crow calls etc.  But mostly hooters.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Tail Feathers

Love to hunt the King of Spring!

VA_Birdhunter

Nothing is really helping to tell you the truth!!!  The fever has about got the best of me this year!  But I do practice my calls a lot.  Have mouth calls in both of my vehicles I use to and from work.   I've been watching turkey hunting DVD's since the first of December and just finished the new Truth 25.  Once Grouse season ends I'm in for it!!  This cold weather sure has me longing for spring!! 

God Bless
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

socalturkeyman

carving long box calls for the up coming season, might even sell a few once I get a good amount of them done. Also thinking about donating some to the local NWTF Chapter in Southern California.
A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

longspur

chasing bushy tail tree rats through the woods

Rokhal07

Like others I practice calling, watch turkey videos and go over notes of what worked and didnt work last year. Also I kinda enjoy mapping out my plans for trips and possible hunt days upcoming.

budtripp

Calling coyotes has become my main winter activity the last few years. Great cure for cabin fever and once you call in your first one it gets in your blood

redarrow

Shovel snow  :z-dizzy: or day dream bout turkey hunting.

chatterbox

Quote from: budtripp on January 06, 2014, 07:10:26 PM
Calling coyotes has become my main winter activity the last few years. Great cure for cabin fever and once you call in your first one it gets in your blood
Gonna be trying this out with my cousin in a couple weekends. Gonna bring out the .308 and let her feed...........

spurman

A little duck hunting, may chase some coyotes, cut and split some more stove wood. Nwtf convention just around the corner, looking forward to that. Check out all my turkey spots and try to locate a few new ones. Do a little gear tweaking and March 22 will be here before you know it. 
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Drthorn

I like to go crow hunting to keep me from going crazy. Also drive the wife nuts while practicing my calling.

Gobblerjim

Fishing in sunny south Florida. Ha

slamman