OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Cabin Fever

Started by allaboutshooting, January 06, 2014, 03:39:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allaboutshooting

From last Sunday until probably Friday I had the flu. I was up and down, feeling better then worse and finally with the help of Doris, my good doctor, medication and being able to visit OG, I started to feel pretty much like a human again. Now it's like I'm at the North Pole.

It's brutally cold with snow and ice all over and we've been asked to stay off the roads unless it's an emergency. Thankfully the power has stayed on and we have food and a warm place.

However, I think I'm beginning to develop cabin fever. Television gets really boring, I've read magazines, a book, played games with Doris (board games) and worked on plans for the NWTF Convention.

Any suggestions or things you've done when this happens to you?

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

renegade19

Just got back, Menard's in Marion has ladder tree stands at a decent price.  I bought 2 and 1 for my buddy.  Getting ready to hit the elliptical.  BTW, we made it above 0.  Truck said 3 degrees, weather on the comp says 1!  Whoohooo!  Should be better by Wednesday.  I'll probably climb a tree somewhere. 

Tail Feathers

I feel you pain...I did the flu thing for seven days over the week of Christmas.
But thankfully, out weather is much more temperate.  Practice calling, break out the vest and load it up, the rearrange it. :icon_thumright:

Yeh, you'll do it again before season starts.
I'd lay off the mouth calls for a few more days to make they don't get any flu bug on 'em...
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

owlhoot

read old books and posts.
go through the turk vests.
inventory shells i plan on testing this spring.
check jerkbaits for early bass.
sort clothes back for spring turkeys.

deep clean all your guns,lol

Mike Honcho

Sorry to hear about the flu...I'm home from work now second day with same.

I'm going thru my gear, ammo, calls, chokes etc. to see what I need for spring.

I'm also contacting all my turkey hunting landowners and wishing them a happy new year etc.

allaboutshooting

Thanks for all the suggestions. Please keep them coming.

Thanks again,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

kevin2

I've been having a touch of Cabin Fever as well. I spend a few days emptying the car of all the deer hunting gear. Getting it all straightened out & put back where it belongs took another day or so. Then spent a day or so getting the Predator gear ready. Went to the range before the brutal cold to shoot the guns. Would normally be hunting, but the brutal cold & 25" of snow in the last 4 days put the stop to that.

Tried to just enjoy the time with my family, but that gets overwhelming after a while too! 19 days off for everyone, as of today! My kids and wife got an extra 2 days off of school today & yesterday. So, that extended the fever a bit for me! I won't tell them that their day off was annoying to me though!

Been doing some odd jobs around the house too. Vacuumed the coils on the frig, cleaned out behind it. Cleaned out the backroom a bit. Organized the hall way with all 3 of the hunters gear in it. Washed some windows. Washed a mirror today. Just all sorts of boring junk that I don't usually get into has been entertaining me!

Keeping up with taking my vitamin D, as it keeps your spirits up.

Oh, hadn't been here in a while, so I visited this site & a couple others for the first time in months. Always got that!
I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!

captin_hook

I hear you Clark. Actual air temp here in sw PA was -14 today with a wind chill around - 30. This is crazy. I have my 5 yr old and my 2 yr old to keep me busy. I've been playing and watching kids movies all day. Also I go out about every 5 hrs and start my truck and my wife's car and let em run for a little.