turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Watcha buy'n new this year.

Started by Gooserbat, December 26, 2013, 06:22:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikejd

I never know what I may buy. I bought my dad and brother a Halloran pot for Christmas this year. after playing with them I wouldn't mind getting one for myself.

Gobblerjim

Some woodhaven mouth calls and a halloran pot call. Got my Florida tag. Should be a good year.

PALongspur

Can't say there are a lot of items on my "to do" list. Probably some fresh mouth calls from Denny Gulvas. I'm anxiously awaiting two box calls from Ed Terefencko, hopefully they'll be in my vest by opening day.

Speaking of vests, this will be my 7th season with my Super Elite III. Not really in need of one yet but I would be interested in a new one if someone else started making these again.

Woodsman4God

Well I have quite a laundry list which not all will get done. When i got sick last year many little things got put on hold, Turkey wise I would like to get a few new mouth calls and possibly another type of locator call. Also a new face mask.
as for the rest of it in no particular order

Components and equipment to handload for a 308 I recieved as a Christmas Gift ( will post pics later, sweet gun)
Savage 220f Bolt action shotgun
Carlson/browning/Brileys rifled choke tube for other shotgun
New sight for my mossberg (if needed think my scope is bad)
Mueller 2 x 7 Multishot scope
Larger platform hang on tree stand
Youth safety harness
2 man stand
Reloading press for 20 gauge

Thats the bulk of what I want to buy , however not all of it will get done. But they are all on my list

Jay

Do not really Need anything, except for some snake gaiters, being I'm hunting an area known for poisonous snakes.

deerpoo22

Well I've ran out of nitro shells so I'll need more. And I've just bought my new deer gun for next year. My Weatherby Mark 5 Accumark.

mossybird

Gonna try the new Win Longbeard XR. Alot of hype to em

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

lmbhngr

Hey guys, Haven't been here in awhile. Been taking care of a neighbor. This year I've decided to concentrate on my Winchester rifle collection. Crazy right?

Gut Pile

Sitka spring type jacket to go with the new ESW pants, I was not sold on the camo pattern till I tried them out, this gear is fantastic
about the best religion can possibly do, is maybe make you a nice person, where as a relationship with Jesus Christ can make you a new creation

Skeeterbait

Unless something breaks, I'm good to go.

Old Gobbler

I need hunting pants , I tear up pants like crazy -- I'm gonna get some proper brand bdu pants in multicam pattern and hope they can hold up to the punishment -also  I might try and get a easy to set up 4 man tent , the type that folds out in a minute and you can jump in and get some sleep real quick

Don't need gun stuff or game calls I'm set in that department for sure
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Muzzy61

Quote from: headbanger on December 27, 2013, 08:07:45 AM
I was going to get a Hot Hen slate from Mr. Sneed but...my wife surprised me with one on Christmas morning  :happy0064: A great sounding call and an outstanding wife :z-flirtysmile3:

She's a keeper !
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

guesswho

I went all out and invested in a secret weapon that is sure to tilt the odds in my favor.  I'm not ready to reveal this secret yet, but will in time.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Drthorn

trying to reconfigure my turkey calls this year...looking more into custom calls instead of the production type...I do have a primos heartbreaker box and cane creek pro custom slate on order...gonna test them out and go from there. Also looking to purchase a new turkey vest.

lonnie sneed jr.

I got a new knee, I am ready to go.

:OGturkeyhead: :OGturkeyhead: