OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Watcha buy'n new this year.

Started by Gooserbat, December 26, 2013, 06:22:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gooserbat

We all do it every year.  We buy & try something new, be it a new diaphragm, new turkey load, custom box call, camo, turkey vest, or that new gun. 

Myself I need a couple pair of camo pants, and I intend to make the switch to HTL probably Fed Hevyweight, and a coyote howler.  I also need some nonresident turkey tags...probaly MO, KS and maybe NB, and I would love to get in on some early hunts like AL or MS.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

va wingbone

NEED a vest, gonna get a copper pot call and hopefully a turkey dog pup

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk

"around here, turkey hunting is more like a religion than a pastime.getting close to nature, getting back to where we most belong is something we hold sacred.when we do get to take one home, we do so with reverence"

va wingbone

Oh and a noon resident tag would be awesome too!

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk

"around here, turkey hunting is more like a religion than a pastime.getting close to nature, getting back to where we most belong is something we hold sacred.when we do get to take one home, we do so with reverence"

jblackburn

As I do every year, I'm hoping to say that I am not buying anything new. That will probably turn out to be a lie when I go look at turkey vests sometime!

Other than that I'm always on the lookout for a good deal on shells, if I find some I'll pick them up.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

WV Ridge Reaper

Got a 20 gauge that is gone to sumtoy for work,some hooks mouth calls maybe one of there pot calls,Hallorans new pot call for sure,some ol tom pants in bottom land,and either tags to Ohio or Missouri

Sent from West By God Virginia.

chatterbox

I have a few little things I want to do. I want to get my FFIII cover and choke dipped in New MOBU, and I want to get one of those Quake claw slings.
Other than that, I feel like I am in a pretty good place. I have plenty of excellent calls, and my gun is dialed in with an excellent choke and load combo.
One thing I want to do is to continue to get better at turkey hunting. Can't put a price on that.

owlhoot

I always say i don't need nothing else.      But.

call makers are always posting on here, such nice stuff.

Sumtoy owes me a turkey choke , he just don't know it yet. Soon as i decide what gun and load i will send him some moo-la

New turkey loads to try out. Probably more coming?

Modification to guns . dipping etc.   Oh boy.

flintlock

1 lb of FF black powder is about it.  Gonna try to arrow 2 and smoke 2.  Time will tell.

Good luck
If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

headbanger

I was going to get a Hot Hen slate from Mr. Sneed but...my wife surprised me with one on Christmas morning  :happy0064: A great sounding call and an outstanding wife :z-flirtysmile3:

CASH

Quote from: Gooserbat on December 26, 2013, 06:22:50 PM
and I would love to get in on some early hunts like AL or MS.

There are no turkeys in Alabama
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

Gooserbat

Quote from: CASH on December 27, 2013, 08:43:28 AM
Quote from: Gooserbat on December 26, 2013, 06:22:50 PM
and I would love to get in on some early hunts like AL or MS.

There are no turkeys in Alabama

I got an inside track on the last flock that's hidden deep in the pine woods.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Tail Feathers

Not much on my turkey hunting wish list this year besides the annual trip.
I just got a new mouth call in before Christmas.  I'll order a few more but that's about all I can think of for this spring.
But I reserve the right to think of something before season arrives! ;D
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

VA_Birdhunter

Lord knows I really don't need anything!!!  But its an addiction I've faced that music many years ago....so with that being said I could use a new vest....I've had my elite vest for about 7 yrs now.   But I'll probably keep it one more season I've sowed the pockets on it many times over and just love the vest....its been the best I've ever had.  But I'm probably going to focus on a new choke for my Mossberg 935 I have a Jelly head and will probably change it up this year.  I also want a Harrison Hoot'n Stick.  So if I can make it by with just that I will be doing good...but the new Winchester turkey loads are really calling my name to.  Plus I've already ordered 4 new custom mouth calls.   Its an addiction I truly Love!!!  No drug out there can do what this addiction can! 

God Bless
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

Cutt

Need a good pair of Turkey Hunting boots, with stiched on soles. Done with fused/glued on soles regardless who makes them. Need to relplenish my Hevi-13, and I might pick up a Halloran Crystal Mistress.

crappieangler

I need two people ahead of me to turn down their tag in florida so I have my first chance at an Osceola.  Outside of that I was thinking about adding a couple extra hens for the Merriams that always seem to be flocked up clear into June where I hunt. I would benefit from a new vest, but just can't seem to let my first vest go.  Pry get a couple fresh diaphragm calls for me and maybe get my mom some things so she can try to hunt on her own this year.