turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

The Old Pro Turkey Hunter on eBay

Started by alloutdoors, December 25, 2013, 03:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alloutdoors

Just saw this today and I know there have been some people here looking for the book. It's a great read and well worth having a copy of.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201007207806?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

va wingbone

It is a great book! It'd love to have " I will lift up mine eyes to the hills" but man its expensive!

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk

"around here, turkey hunting is more like a religion than a pastime.getting close to nature, getting back to where we most belong is something we hold sacred.when we do get to take one home, we do so with reverence"

ElkTurkMan

I am fortunate enough to have both of the late  Mr. Gene's Books, and I cherish them very much. I always read the old pro turkey hunter before every season. For Christmas I picked a book called remembering the greats, and I was glad to see Gene Nunnery in the book.

mikejd

I just picked up a copy for 29$. looking forward to reading it. Keep shopping ebay you can beat that price every now and then.

alloutdoors

Quote from: mikejd on December 28, 2013, 08:14:44 PM
I just picked up a copy for 29$. looking forward to reading it. Keep shopping ebay you can beat that price every now and then.

That's a great price. I got my copy from Jim Casada and paid $40 and thought I was doing pretty good, I will say that mine is in excellent condition. I think he also had a copy without the dust jacket that he was asking $30 for.

There is a second copy on eBay right now with a $65 opening bid which I personally thought was rather high, but seeing the current bidding on the other copy I posted maybe it's not as high as I thought. That one is here if anyone is interested: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Turkey-Hunting-Book-The-Old-Pro-Turke-Hunter-by-NUNNERY-/131077550817?pt=US_Game_Calls&hash=item1e84d4b2e1.

davisd9

Awesome read! Paid around $50 for mine and it was worth the money. Excellent condition minus a small spot on the dust cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

land cruiser

The is a number of copies on Amazon for under $50.

Moore

[

davisd9

Quote from: Moore on January 03, 2014, 10:04:10 PM
say are they on kindle or nook

Old Pro Turkey Hunter is not on kindle. Not sure about nook but doubt it.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

ccleroy

My favorite read right there with " One Man Game"

zeke632

Best turkey hunting book, IMO, out there.  The way turkey hunting is supposed to be.

barry

Wow! At that price maybe I should put my copy, which I bought some 20 or so years ago for I think about $10, in the safe!