turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Who Travels and Hunts by Themselves?

Started by jb177, March 10, 2011, 10:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shotgun

When I get ready to go I go.  If someone wants to ride thats a bonus, but if not I don't hesitate.

1iagobblergetter

I prefer to go alone and hunt at whatever pace and timeline I want!!!! Come on April!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WyoHunter

All my turkey hunting is solo. My priorities don't always mesh with others so I go it alone and have been most of my adult life.  :icon_thumright:
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

Neill_Prater

I enjoy making trips with friends, and have done so many times in the past. However, I realized years ago that you can't always depend on someone else, so I just started making plans as if I was going solo. If one of my friends decided to tag along, all the better. If not, my plans were not compromised. Neill

mossy835

My hunting buddy died unexpectedly some years back and I quit hunting prior to that. Now I enjoy turkey hunting and pheasant hunting, more so since I am semi retired now. Two close friends go with-me when they can but they both have families and still work full time so I hunt alone or with a guide (private land and he is required). I do like to set up on a turkey alone if my intent is to shoot but I will go with them or one of them to call the bird so they can shoot. If I kind of know the area hunting alone has never bothered me, I let some one know where I am headed and when I should be back or on the cell phone making new plans. I keep in touch with my wife so she does not worry. Good post.

mason0366

Don't Travel but thru the week. I usually hunt by my self. On weekend I hunt with my brothers and nephew. So if anybody comes around my neck of woods. Try to work it out to go.

J Hook Max

I hunt with friends mostly and spend a lot of my season guiding hunters.When I really want to kill a turkey, I go hunting alone.At least 90% of my turkeys have been killed when hunting alone.However,it can be fun going on a hunting trip and fishing trip alone.

Preacher

I would love to try to keep up with you Doc.   

My hearing is so bad I usually hunt with someone,  all my trips out of state are with folks or to meet some folks.           
Romans 8:37

fiveyear

While I hunted deer and hog and dove, quail, etc. for many years Turkey I finally started getting interested in about 8 years ago.  I have traveled this road alone.  I have brought my daughters with me.  They have grown up doing it with me.  I love it and have traveled to my hunt camp in GA many times alone.  Most of the members up there don't Turkey hunt.  Self taught.  I huunt a little in Fla. then go to GA and try and enjoy it up there.  Love the Spring mornings.  Cold Clear, birds, spring green, some deer and the Turkey are icing on the cake.  Fair success but am not knocking them dead everywhere.  Enjoy learning as I go.   :anim_25: :fud: :newmascot: :z-paddy-smiley113:

chatterbox

This year I'm gonna try to get 2 buddies on birds. I prefer to hunt alone, but have made promises this year to friends that I have to keep. I have 2 weeks off, so I'll have plenty of time to hunt solo. If I have 2 people I really enjoy hunting birds with, it would be my son and FIL.
I hope to be able to put both my friends and my son on birds this year.

Jay

I do both, and enjoy both. Obviously hunting with  friends, and sharing the experience is cool. However, hunting by oneself is trully your OWN hunt, and success and failure depends on your own merits. I really like that challenge.

West Augusta

I don't mind hunting with someone else but typically hunt alone.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

ghillie

i used to hunt with others...now it's pretty much solo after getting burned on property we used to hunt together...since then I've learned my lesson...

also I hunt alone because if I screw things up...I've got no one to blame but me...
also enjoy the solitude

jb177

TRKYHTR

I like hunting with other people. I love to share the experience with friends and family and especially those who have never been turkey hunting or have never killed a turkey. When I go alone it's all business and the turkeys are in trouble.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck