OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Winchester m54 30/06 value

Started by the Ward, December 14, 2013, 08:43:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Ward

Was out Christmas shopping and stopped in a gunshop I haven't been in in a long time.They had a beautiful Winchester model 54 bolt action in the used rack.It was all original with the exception of a cheap set of weaver mounts on it.Metal blueing and bore were good and the stock had the usual minor nicks and scratches that come with honest normal use.The barrel was stamped .30 gov/o6!so I am guessing it was made between the wars?They were asking $650 which seems a little high to me,so my question is does anyone know what appx value of one is?Haven't got on the big auction sites yet to see what they're going for .Thanks for any info anyone can pass along!...ward

allaboutshooting

You might enjoy seeing this video by Larry Potterfield on the 54 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRY54dB3v-I

It sounds like the one you're looking at is in excellent condition, and original unless it was drilled and tapped for the Weaver bases or unless the bolt was altered to allow mounting a scope which would of course lower the value.

Otherwise, it's probably a pretty good buy for that particular gun.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

the Ward

Thanks for the info Clark,i will check it out!I'm sure it was drilled and tapped,but I am not sure if the bolt was altered,definately something to check on.Action was butter smooth.I just love those old classic rifles,i can imagine the stories it could tell!Thanks again!