turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

turkey chairs

Started by Moore, November 26, 2013, 07:31:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moore

I'm considering getting a seat .I know a lot of you have the gobbler lounge is there any out there you fellas would recommend. any of built your own hunting seat
[

Rokhal07

The one cabelas makes i like pretty well

jbennett

The only complaint that I have on the gobbler lounger is the fact that I can't seem to stay awake in it:) Great chair!!!

Gobblerjim

I got the turkey lounger from bass pro. Changed the strap to a gun sling. Dropped the vest and go with a fanny pak. Great run and gun set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old Gobbler

The cabelas chair is nice , a little bit heavy , but worth taking in the woods , it will keep you comfortable and slightly elevated for a more motionless , better view

I said 5 years ago , if someone comes out with a lightweight lounger version of cabelas gobbler lounger , perhaps with carbon fiber ( think golf club shaft) , or aluminum legs - they will turn a pretty penny - I would be willing to pay quite a bit more for a 2-3 pound chair
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

wernerjd

The Huntmore seat is great.

Tail Feathers

I use a Gobbler Lounger most of the time.  If I'm running and gunning I'll use my BuckLick Creek vest with the built-in stadium seat.
I can't find a vest or pack that I like better so I often have both in the woods.  Hard to beat the lounger with USA lounger sack to carry it in.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

ChiefBubba

Quote from: Gobblerjim on November 27, 2013, 09:23:05 PM
I got the turkey lounger from bass pro. Changed the strap to a gun sling. Dropped the vest and go with a fanny pak. Great run and gun set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I used this exact set up and will never go back to a vest. My only difference is I used the lounge sack. Can carry plenty in the sack besides the chair. Decoys, water camo netting. Chief

drenalinld

I picked up one of the Turkey Thug chairs at Wal Mart and it compares very nicely with the Gobbler Lounger from Cabelas. It did, however make some pretty good creaking noise when I was turrning to kill a gobbler. He was in love and didn't notice.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mossy-Oak-Turkey-Thug-Gobbler-Chair/22281732

I have the Browning turkey chair made by Alps Outdoors and it is very good!
http://www.mackspw.com/Item--i-ALP8525214?src=Y0807GL0N0N10000&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=PLA&gclid=CJfwz7izmbsCFU_NOgodpRoA0Q

VA_Birdhunter

I've got a gobbler lounger and love it!  I've had it for several season now.  I actually got it after hearing alot of feedback on here.  Sometimes I loose my mind and talk myself out of taking it and always regret it!  It allows you to sit so much longer than you can without it!! It was a good investment!

God Bless
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

CASH

Gobbler lounger all the way. Use mine for turkey, deer, dove, beach, whatever. Best $20 some odd I ever spent
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.