OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What's the best budget turkey gun

Started by 20ga.turkeyshooter, November 23, 2013, 02:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gwa

These posts are started by a 14 yr old youth if you didn't know....

WildSpur

Walmart sells a full camo 870 for something like $357.  Pretty sure it shoots 3.5" shells and has a 26" barrel.  I know hardwoods 20/200 is so 2008 but it's camo.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

ohiostrutter

Get a 870 the small block Chevy of guns so many options to upgrade later

Hooks' n' Beards'

Winchester Sxp-Black Shadow 3.5",26" barrel....

ILIKEHEVI-13

There is no such thing as the best gun.  Too many factors overall to pick just one. 

But there is such a thing as the best shooting.  And I would say the Moss 835 would win that category amongst all others in that category from what I have seen with most loads. 

20ga.turkeyshooter

I figured I'd go with the traditional and got an 870 super mag very pleased with the results

drum817

Quote from: RAJ on November 23, 2013, 11:14:11 PM
With those two choices I'd look at Stoeger 3500

Yep... out of those two the Stoeger!!!
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

Rathunter04

I have both the 870 Super Mag and the Stoeger M3500, IMO can't go wrong with either one! I've found that with the heavy recoil of most turkey loads it can be difficult to reload after the shot. Do your part you won't need the follow-up shot but with an autoloader you know it's there.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - George Carlin

20ga.turkeyshooter

Just do y'all know I have a tristar hunter mag, a remington 870 20 gauge, a remington 870 12 gauge, a Rossi single shot .410 and 20 and I use my dads stoeger 3500 but my favorite one now that I got a little collection I gotta say my favorite is the tristar it's good quality it gives me awesome patterns and it just so happens I'm on my school trap team and that tristar does a heck of a job I've also hunting a lot with it and killed rabbits, squirrel, dove, grouse, waterfowl, turkey, coyotes and foxes, and I've even got patterned with buckshot for when deer season comes

Greenshed Longbeard

Go with a 870 and think about the mount in your man cave.
Greenshed Longbeard

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Beretta A300 Outlander

Read up on this gun... You'll be glad you did.

Ky Gobbler

M R Ducks

For a 3.5 gun, the SX3 is right there at the top of your range and worth every penny.  Next, the 3500.  I have not shot one but have been told the recoil with the big shell is "brisk".

The 935 is a great gun with a 10 gauge bore.  It will out pattern most any other out of the box 12 gauge with the big payload, and especially with the bigger shot size.  Same for the 835 if you want a mule kicking pump.  If you also duck hunt, these guns will pattern the big steel better too.

Everyone should own at least one 870. :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

Lots of good options in your I price range. Get a used one and use the savings to personalize it the way you like.

TauntoHawk

3500 is what id get. Love a sx3 as well but a little higher price
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>